Prints keep coming loose from plate

• I was able to make a single successful print after assembling the printer (the provided "dragon" model). Since then, every print job gets ~2-3mm thick before coming loose from the plate and sliding all over, ruining the print job. I've tried 3 different sample models provided and all have the same problem.

A friend suggested cleaning the plate with alcohol, claiming that there is a film build up so I wiped it down with a 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe before the latest attempt, but I had the same results.

• From my experience I would check that:

1. did you try to repeat the bed level just before the print? I am having some trouble if I don't repeat the leveling every time
    2. is the printhead tight? Mine was slightly loose, the Z offset helped but it was not always consistent. There is a bolt between the nut behind the head to tight, eventually.

This is not usually a slicer's fault.

• I forgot to mention I'm still using the Creality Slicer software. I will install a copy of Cura.

• @David-T said in Prints keep coming loose from plate:

@gravedgr

For that I think it’s in Cura in the print settings, same place where you would set the infill and the type of bed adhesion (skirt, raft, etc) if I remember correctly a raft greatly increases the contact surface so you’ll have to break/cut it off after but it can keep you print from flying off.

I’ve had the same problem and I fixed it by running the self leveling before each print and cleaning the bed with rubbing alcohol. It’s gotten to a point that prints stick so much to the bed that I chipped the surface of the bed hahaha. I printed with the stock white PLA that came with the printer and once I started self leveling and cleaning before each print it worked like a charm and so far I’ve tried Silk-copper filament from CC3D (bought on amazon) it’s very stringy but it’s beautiful once you’ve cleaned the print, silk-marble from CC3D and I’ve also tried PLA, PLA 2.0 and PETG from filaments.ca and they are all awesome and print great. Print settings: nozzle: 215 deg, bed 60 deg.

Make sure you preheat everything before doing the self leveling, if you don’t know how I’ll help you 🙂

Best regards

David

Thanks for the tip - I was doing the self-level after it powered up, but before pre-heating. I'll give that a try.

• @gravedgr

For that I think it’s in Cura in the print settings, same place where you would set the infill and the type of bed adhesion (skirt, raft, etc) if I remember correctly a raft greatly increases the contact surface so you’ll have to break/cut it off after but it can keep you print from flying off.

I’ve had the same problem and I fixed it by running the self leveling before each print and cleaning the bed with rubbing alcohol. It’s gotten to a point that prints stick so much to the bed that I chipped the surface of the bed hahaha. I printed with the stock white PLA that came with the printer and once I started self leveling and cleaning before each print it worked like a charm and so far I’ve tried Silk-copper filament from CC3D (bought on amazon) it’s very stringy but it’s beautiful once you’ve cleaned the print, silk-marble from CC3D and I’ve also tried PLA, PLA 2.0 and PETG from filaments.ca and they are all awesome and print great. Print settings: nozzle: 215 deg, bed 60 deg.

Make sure you preheat everything before doing the self leveling, if you don’t know how I’ll help you 🙂

Best regards

David

• @ajaybnl said in Prints keep coming loose from plate:

It could be low temp problem. Increase 10 Degrees and check.

Also you can increase first layer extrusion width to 200%.

I think I tried raising the bed temp by 5 degrees. I'll try 10 and see. I'm not sure how to increase the layer width - this is my first 3d printer and this is super confusing with such a limited manual.

• This post is deleted!

• Hi, thanks for responding. The bed and print nozzle are using the default temperatures (60 and 120? I don't have it in front of me) and I've tried using the Creality-provided PLA as well as some retail PLA a friend supplied (calling the stock PLA "crap").

I run the auto-level every time I start it up before trying a print job, but have not made any manual adjustments. I'll upload a picture of the latest print job when I'm back at my PC.

• Sounds that it could be an offset problem if the hot end is grabbing your prints.
    Could maybe be a temperature issue with the hot bed too I guess?

Can you provide any more details around the issue?
    What are the print temperatures you're using when running those prints?
    Are you printing with PLA or some other material?

Can you try to re-calibrate the printer using the auto bed levelling function and check the manual offset?
    You should be able to slide a paper under the extruder without much (or no) resistance or tugging on the paper from the print head. If the paper doesn't slide under the print head it might be too tight, thus you might have to increase the offset in the printer menu.

• It could be low temp problem. Increase 10 Degrees and check.

Also you can increase first layer extrution width to 200%.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.