Is it safe to use the USB now?
Been reading a few horror stories about the USB problems.
I want to connect my laptop to my CR-6 SE but I don't want the motherboard or the laptop to burn out.
Is it safe to do so?
@grashopper I would just never trust a cheap micro USB port anyway. I didn't like the high quality ones let alone the junk on these I just taped it immediately when I got the machine.
I have send 2 emails in the past weeks to creality with the same question if it is safe to use the USB port and they haven't respond yet. Don't think they ever will.
My CR6-SE printer works fine at this moment and is my first 3D printer.
At this point I don't think I will ever buy another creality printer due to the fact:
- They were dishonest about the shipping sequence, shippingcosts (which were for express shipping and shipped in bulk), shipping process (they already started supplying the retail channels when the kickstarterbacker shipment where not finished yet)
- They where dishonest and not transparent about possible issues to customers in the kickstarter project with even fire hazard as a result!!
- They ignore real and known issues like the usb port which can damage the printer and even the device that is connected to it. The formally haven't responded to this issue yet.
- When you contact creality via email or forum they don't answer in a helpful and constructive way which indicates that they don't want to help.
- Or they just don't answer your question at all which is just rude.
I don't know if this is a cultural thing and it's normal to behave like this in Chinese Culture but in the Western World it is not done for a company to behave in such way.
I will try that.
I have just bought a BTT SKR-CR6 V1.0 motherboard just in case
Get a cable and cut the 5v wire or cover the 5v pin with tape.