Preheat Settings and Factory Reset

• For some reason, when I went to hit preheat PLA, i saw that the nozzle temp wasnt coming up but the bed temp was (i had it set for 200/60 before). So i went to check the preheat pla settings and both temps are listed as 0. For PLA and ABS both.

After i entered my numbers and hit save, it would show up until i turned my printer off. When i turned it on again, it again would show 0/0 under preheat settings but it now actually went to 200/60. I vividly remember the numbers not being “0” before. It always showed my 200/60 settings.

Lastly, I am unable to factory reset. That button doesnt do anything for me. It just beeps, but nothing is actually done.

What is going on?

• Can Creality provide an actual solution? It’s incredibly frustrating to have to keep setting my own preheat temps on the lcd every single time i turn on the printer.

• @Jdorser said in Preheat Settings and Factory Reset:

Also the printer does not recognize speed settings set by gcode. This means it is impossible to set different speeds for initial layers and subsequent layers. So with TPU, for example, I ave to manually set the speed after first layer is printed.

I have the same issue with hotend temperature, it just gets ignored from gcode, so you have to set set it manually, or the printer triest to cold extrude. But the note about speeds isn't true, at least on my printer. I can definitely tweak the speeds properly, and almost always do, especially since the default speeds in the Creality profiles is an INCREDIBLY slow 50mm/s for infill and 25mm/s for all walls (for PLA I'm currently running at 60mm/s for infill, 50/45mm/s for inner/outer walls and 40mms/ for tops and bottoms, with a constant 30mm/s for the initial layer, which works okay mostly, but need to tweak acceleration/jerk still to get rid of ringing). For TPU, my NinjaFlex settings are in the pinned TPU printing thread, and work quite well.

Because hotend temp changes get ignored, it's impossible to print any calibration files to tweak temperatures, which is incredibly annoying.

• @admin This specifically does NOT work. The printer does not recognize any temperature changes issued by gcode.

Also the printer does not recognize speed settings set by gcode. This means it is impossible to set different speeds for initial layers and subsequent layers. So with TPU, for example, I ave to manually set the speed after first layer is printed.

• I just tried it again with a different sd card. Same thing. It begins at 0 0 for both ABS and PLA. (This is a different card that worked fine before). I entered the new settings (200/60 and 250/100) and hit save on each. I even auto leveled again.

Then, upon turning the printer off and back on again. It is back at 0. Why is this happening? And why doesnt “restore to factory” do anything?

I’m not understanding why this works sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. I even had one time where it listed the correct preheat temps but when i actually hit preheat, the temp would stay at 0 while the bed temp heated to the correct value.

• @admin this isn’t a solution for me. I never changed gcodes on my sd during the time this issue happened. Literally nothing changed during the time this switch occurred.

Nothing else was added or removed from the sd. In fact, the sd stayed in the machine the whole time.

• @bstefans16 Dear, our engineer explained the problem in the picture, please have a look.
    e70de5942e7de4560c8f919eb26b4ca.png

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.