Ender 3 V2 left side of the bed not sticking

• Hi,

I have a new Ender 3 V2
    When I print a figure with 2 legs, one leg stops sticking to the bed at some point (after 2cm height) and then the print spoils for sure.
    I print at 200Celcius with 60 celcius bed. First layer at 215C - 65C

I am using manual leveling and I try to make the leveling as close as possible.
    The nozzle is very close to the bed (nearly touching)

Btw, after the print when I auto-home, I see that the bed level has increased. So how does it get higher ?
    Maybe the nozzle is pushing the model down causing it to stop sticking.

is this possible ?

I am also considering to order BL Touch but I am worried that it will not fix my problem.

• @asusdk

Thanks ;I realized that my X axis was not well adjusted. So I adjusted it watching 2 videos.
    Now that problem is gone , but now I have a problem on my first layer.
    Please see the image.
    20201124_165637.jpg

inside is a heart shape and the outside is the skirt for that model.
    Both have some part of the filament flipped up by the nozzle.
    Why does that happen ?

it spoils everything. and in the end I had to use raft which I really want to avoid.

what is the problem this time?

• Would love to help here, but I cant seem to really follow the questions and answers.

What is the exact issue you are trying to address?

Also, no one seems to pay to much attention to this forum, I recommended coming to Discord and chatting in numerous help channels there. I have gotten a lot of help there, and posts here can weeks without a response.

Brett

• @Miguel said in Ender 3 V2 left side of the bed not sticking:

moved the Z limite switch to a lower position

well, first I installed the Z limit switch to the lowest position (as it should be). But when there the bed can not be set below the nozzle. Nozzle goes too low. So I installed the z-limit switch a little higher (1-2mm) , I can't lower it.

noticed that the aluminium bed isn't 100% flat, the edges are higher. The pressure from the two glass clips were transferring the aluminium warp to the glass, after adding two paper clips to spread the force the glass is 100% flat

How did you understand the warp ?
    And how did you add the paper clips ?
    Can you put a photo of it ?

• @asusdk thanks.
    what is z-hop ? I use Cura and I see an option named "z hop when retracted"
    is this what we are looking for ?
    when I enable it there is a z-hop height set to default 0.2 mm
    is this ok ?
    any side effects when this is enabled ?

i would not using a higher Bed-Temp for the first layer

which temp are you using for bed and nozzle for PLA ?

X-Gantry

How can I understand if there is a problem there ?
    my eyes are not that good to understand the issue.

• You could try to activate Z-Hop in your slicer, also i would not using a higher Bed-Temp for the first layer, caused only problems for me.
    A BL-Touch could help, (If you are Using UBL-Leveling) but its not the holy grail i thought it would be.

Also Check your X-Gantry, it could be that on the Left side of your printer, it sits lower than on the right, that would also cause Problems like described

Greets AsusDK

• Hello,
    I'm also new to this 3D print world, just got my printer last Friday. It is very importante to have a good leveling, before I leveled my printer bed I've seen a few videos on Youtube, I do recommend you the DrVax channel.
    I also had a few problems leveling, this is what I've done:

• moved the Z limite switch to a lower position

• noticed that the aluminium bed isn't 100% flat, the edges are higher. The pressure from the two glass clips were transferring the aluminium warp to the glass, after adding two paper clips to spread the force the glass is 100% flat

• I really need help. someone please ?

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.