Refresh SD-Card Option in Firmware of Ender 3 V2

• Since I work a lot with the SD-Card and wanted to protect the slot mechanically and use the SD card format, I bought an external reader. There seems to be a switch in the micro-SD slot of the ender, which triggers reading the card. If I now use the external reader, it unfortunately doesn't work and the content of the card doesn't be refreshed, because the switch at the slot of the ender is not activated again. The predecessor model had a refresh function in the menu. Could this function also be implemented in Ender 3 V2?

Thanks

Semmi

• I have the same problem, i have an extender cable and its just useless now, the list doesn't refresh when the card is reinserted. even if i reinsert the extender end itself, the list doesnt refresh even though i hear that "click". Should be a very quick thing to fix to add a refresh button to the lcd screen no?

• @Semmi, thanks for your suggestion, we will keep creating and develop the printer to make it better.

• @admin said in Refresh SD-Card Option in Firmware of Ender 3 V2:

Hi @Semmi, Ender-3v2 has no manual refresh function, it will refresh automatically. It may be that the external reader does not match the card slot. Could you try another one? Thank you

Sure I could try another, but the issue would persist. The embedded reader refreshes when you push the card into the slot. This doesn't happen if you use an external reader, cause the inserted adapter of the external reader remain inserted. The menu is present in predecessor models, but I think that cause of the new display of the V2 there could be a bigger effort to add it.

• @timd1971 said in Refresh SD-Card Option in Firmware of Ender 3 V2:

@beejack

No idea then. : /

Mine at v1.0.1 works just fine. Don't have to power cycle MicroSD 8GB card that came with it.

But then again, OP using an extra reader... even on a PC, you have to pull the whole USB reader out and back in the read.

That's the difference I'm using a MicroSD to SD adaptor. If i use the MIcroSD card in the slot then there's no issue, but I prefer the larger SD card as I have a card reader on the PC and I can quickly swap between PC and Printer.

To be honest for me it's not so much of a problem, I just wish the power switch was a little more accessible!

Might have to look at a mod for this and move it to the front!

• Hi @Semmi, Ender-3v2 has no manual refresh function, it will refresh automatically. It may be that the external reader does not match the card slot. Could you try another one? Thank you

• @beejack

No idea then. : /

Mine at v1.0.1 works just fine. Don't have to power cycle MicroSD 8GB card that came with it.

But then again, OP using an extra reader... even on a PC, you have to pull the whole USB reader out and back in the read.

• I'm using V1.0.2 with an extender and still have to switch off and on for the list of files on the card to update.

• @blindnub

I think firmware v1.0.1 and newer fixes this?

• Would love to see this fixed. For now I shut off the printer, insert the updated SD card, then turn it on again...

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.