Squeaking Z Lift

• I just bought this printer three days ago and I love it with the exception that the z lift began squeaking almost immediately. I insured that everything is square and the bed it level. The prints are great but the squeak is annoying. I have tried WD-40 and a little grease and nothing seems to help. Apparently I am not the only one as this gentleman has it too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjnD4OUeBrE&ab_channel=StianIndalHaugseth.

• @Kaelum Though the squeek can be silenced, I noticed that there is metal-on-metal grinding that continued, as evidenced by the change in color of the lubricant from white to dark gray. This does raise a question about how long these parts will last before too much play develops. For those here who decide to keep their printer, I wish you the best of luck.

• @WhiteHare I just received my Ender 5 Plus last Friday, and immediately out of the box it squealed like crazy. It was so loud that you could hear it 4 rooms away. I tried 3-in-1 oil, but that made it even worse. So, I ordered a tub of Sta-Lube SL3151 Super White Multi-Purpose Lithium Grease, which was only $7.29 on Amazon, and it immediately went silent after applying it to the screws today. I'll let you know how it goes, but this is that white grease that I've seen used on other screws, so I'm hoping it lasts.

• Dear @WhiteHare @Deuce37 @detroit-johnny @tbenacci @cc

There is a specific platform for after-sales service, you are welcomed to leave your questions here, our people will feedback to you quickly
    https://www.creality.com/service-request
    73575064-b64d-41eb-a46d-274054422696-image.png

• Reporting back: the SuperLube lasted 17 days, and then the squeeking returned. As before, I applied overkill amounts, and now the squeaking has disappeared again.

However, unlike the first time, when the color of the superlube remained white after applying it and running the z-axis up and down once, this time it turned grey: a light grey on the linear brearings, and a much darker grey on the acme screws. I think this likely means that there is very fine metal on metal grinding, and presumably that is the source of the squeeking.

• I had the same issue on Ender 5 plus days after I got it and put it into service. I had a job where i had combing set to off and after 5 hours of listening to that squeaking I had had enough.
    I have different lubricants that I could have used (silicone, white lithium, 3in1 oil, and WD40 which isn't really a lubricant). I decided to do some research online to see what others used. Super Lube silicone grease with PTFE was what I stumbled on. It's the grease form, not the liquid form.
    I took a rag and wiped down the axis screws. Took a toothpick and wiped some all the way around the screws and threaded brass fittings under the platform. lowered the platform about 30 cm. Then put some on the top of the screws and brass. Sent the platform back up. Repeated with complete lower and complete home several times so the grease had the ability to cover the entire screw. It wasn't a lot required about half a pea on top and half a pea on bottom of each screw.
    Noise went away.
    Hope that helps

• I also have a brand new machine and had the same problem as the OP. Adding conservative amounts of lubricant does nothing. Instead, I found that slathering on overkill amounts of SuperLube using a glove onto the z-axis lead screws and the z-axis linear bearings instantly cured the problem. When the problem disappears, just wipe off the excess that accumulates near the nuts and bearings, and then you're done.

• I just got my printer this week and had the same horrible squeaking problem. I used some WD40 near the top of the rods - not the bottom, and the squeak seems to have gone away. I've only tried one small sample print at this point - but it worked.

• I used a spray can (messy) of white lithium grease. This calmed down the squeak a bit after I ran the print table up and down 6 times or so. It only seems to squeak in areas 1/2 way up, typically 1/4 of the way up or higher is loudest. I'm hoping I just need to work the machine in. The grease gave me some hope.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.