CR-6 SE New Firmware Update 24th Nov

• As a first impression after a quick print, I like the new FW honors the end G-code, avoid to home X and Y.

@admin The finish option on the display has however a weird appearance, the gray shadow is not present (very small?) and almost doesn't look like a butto

• @guivo said in CR-6 SE New Firmware Update 24th Nov:

I think 16 GB is the maximum

Might be, haven't checked tbh, I just know 4K sectors is the default size for FAT32 for 8GB and less, so that's what I recommend if people are having issues.

• @shinmai the 4k sectors are mandatory for the LCD but the 8GB is not true, I think 16 GB is the maximum.

I have actually tried the new FW, doing the first print just now. As general experience I had to change the Z-offset compensation: before I was at 0.2 now it 0.35 or 0.40 seems better.

My language choice remained to english, so no issues on that side.

I don't like much the screensaver option, I have no issue with the light pollution, but I can stay with.

Still, I would like the option to recompile the FW myself.

• @cweiss said in CR-6 SE New Firmware Update 24th Nov:

It's not very clear on just what DWIN_SET 'file' needs to be on the card - the straight downloaded ZIP file, the DWIN_SET folder and it's contents in the root or the contents themselves in the root. None of the above seem to work for me, the machine just boots up into the Chinese UI.

For the record, it's the second one.
    Also, the card needs to have one partition that is smaller than 8GB, and formatted to FAT32, with 4096 byte sectors. The MCU on the LCD is REALLY picky about this, and if you format with another sector size, the update will almost certainly fail.

Also, having flashed my LCD a couple of dozen times: if you have one of those microSD extenders, those are slightly less annoying to plug into the REALLY inconveniently placed port on the LCD than an actual microSD card is to fiddle in there.

• @guivo I just installed it and the printer is now defaulted to Chinese. I'm unable to change the display language and can't seem to get the display to update following the video instructions.

It's not very clear on just what DWIN_SET 'file' needs to be on the card - the straight downloaded ZIP file, the DWIN_SET folder and it's contents in the root, or the contents themselves in the root. None of the above seem to work for me, the machine just boots up into the Chinese UI.

• The source would be nice,.in the previous one I had set the leveling probes to 3 and layer looked more uniform. I would like to do the same.

Has anyone tried yet? All good?

• To be clear for people who might not be familiar with open source licenses in general or GPL in specific: When they say they can't prevent unlicensed use of the code, they mean they don't have the resources to sue a company with vast financial resources like Creality. It's not a permission to unlawfully use open-source code and not share the source code in violation of the license.

By law Creality has accepted the terms of the license and HAS to release the code, but being a Chinese company with a lot of money, there's nothing a volunteer-run open-source project like Marlin can do to rectify the situation if they choose to just ignore the rules and break the license contract they've agreed to by choosing to base their device's firmware on Marlin code.

• Please post the source code. You promised it would remain open source. It needs to be public. Please update to GitHub.

"Marlin is published under the GPL license because we believe in open development. The GPL comes with both rights and obligations. Whether you use Marlin firmware as the driver for your open or closed-source product, you must keep Marlin open, and you must provide your compatible Marlin source code to end users upon request. The most straightforward way to comply with the Marlin license is to make a fork of Marlin on Github, perform your modifications, and direct users to your modified fork.

While we can't prevent the use of this code in products (3D printers, CNC, etc.) that are closed source or crippled by a patent, we would prefer that you choose another firmware or, better yet, make your own."

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin

• 8GB should work, too, just make sure to format the disk with 4K sector size

• Heads up to anyone trying to update their screen with provided files.
    If you have any MicroSD over 4gigs make sure to head over to disk management in windows and shrink volume to 4000mb = 4gigs.
    Then move over the "DWIN_SET" folder to the root of the MicroSD and flash.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.