Storing an Ender 3 v2 - Dismantle Verticals

• Hello - newbie to 3D printing and really want to get the Ender 3 v2 on Cyber Monday, but just do not have the room to keep it set up full time and I probably will not use it that frequently, but instead in batches. Can the verticals be easily removed for storage without hurting the functionality? I asked reseller and they said yes, but repeated assembly could cause it to be unstable. Checking the community input. Thanks!

x-posted to reddit

• @atclaus
    I know this post is old, but I prefer to give an answer, just in case also someone else is looking for the same: mounting and unmounting the Ender 3 V2 is not difficult at all, and I also was thinking about unmounting the vertical parts, as I'm not using it everyday. By the way, unless you really need save every cubic cm you can, unmounting and mounting again the printer every time you use it takes some time, and as the frame is made of aluminium, the threads for the screws might wear out fast. My solution is to remove only the filament roll holder from the top, saving about 10 cm in height: it takes less than a minute to remove the two screws.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.