Ender 5 Pro - TMC Connection Error

• @admin Thankyou very much. I'm completely inexperienced with my new Ender 5 Pro and every step is an adventure for me.
    I had the same problem with TMC Connection error.
    I follow your guide here and update the firmware (simply downloaded "....Endstop.bin" and copied it in an old 2GB SDmemory without special formatting) and put on my Printer and Start and Ready for Print.
    Thanks a Lot !
    Next Step ... Next Adventure ! ;

• Hello @admin,
    Yesterday I received a Brand new Ender 5 Pro and I get the error message: TMC Connection Error
    Please send me the files and instructions
    Thanks in advance,
    BR

• Just received a new printer and having the same issue - TMC Connection Error

Please send me the files and instructions

Thanks

• Just set Up new ender 5 pro...the same problem.can you please send the file?

• @admin

Can you please send me the firmware document.

Thanks!

• Hi @DaveCuroe ...... I had the same issue, followed the directions as per this Forum and ended up with a high pitched trilling beep.....
    To FIX it, first I made sure there were NO other BIN files in the root directory of the MicroSD card, then I reloaded the file =
    Ender-5 Pro- Marlin2.0.1 - V1.0.1 - Endstop.bin

After rebooting the machine fired up.... TMC error disappeared and the beeping vanished.

Now to find out how to invoke this Silent Upgrade they promised.

That said, if this is what they call SILENT running, I am not sure I would agree..... this is like sitting in a server room.

• Dear @ellusbrother

TMC connection error, this prompt means that the serial port of the TMC driver chip is not connected
    This is normal and does not affect the use, because the motherboard does not support the serial port function of TMC. It is recommended that you use this firmware: https://www.creality.com/download
    1e30f252-bc96-4dcc-95ba-843bf93a4455-image.png

• Same issue happened for an out-the-box-brand-new printer.
    I found the "Marlin Ver. 1.0.1 - 2020/04/25" online downloaded and installed in the printer - Issue is gone, but I want to confirm I should have another version!

ALSO: I'm concerned about double temperatures when using OctoPrint (see: https://community.octoprint.org/t/octoprint-doesnt-show-a-temperature-graph-for-my-creality-printer/23901#double) - Do we have a fix for that yet?

Thank you!

• Dear All,

We have uploaded the firmware to our website: https://www.creality.com/download
    Please come to download it if you need it.

93dc978e-77db-49a0-a7ad-478c32891a11-image.png

• @admin i am having the same issue i've downloaded the file but now the bed won't heat i believe the firmware is still out of date, any suggestions ?

• @sameerjc said in Ender 5 Pro - TMC Connection Error:

Hi,
    I just received my new Ender 5 Pro 3D printer. After assembling the printer, when I switched the printer on, I get the TMC connection error.
    How can I fix this problem?

Same problem here. Please send file.

• Hi, im having the same issue tmc connection error on my ender 5 pro.

• @LadyC62, I am hoping you have worked it out, but in case you haven't, you shouldn't try to open that file on your computer as it is a binary (BIN) file that contains the firmware for the printer. Instead, copy the .BIN file to the SD card supplied with the printer (it comes in a little USB caddy to help people who dont have card readers) and then you should be back on track for following the video instruction.

• Hey, I also got the issue with "TMC Connection Error" and need the file, please.

• @admin hi I also am having the TMC problem with my ender 5 pro.

• @gmw01 I may have figured out why the firmware wasn't updating from the TF card, in case this helps anybody in the future. The card I was using was formatted as MS-DOS (FAT16) from my mac book. When I used the TF card that comes with the unit, which is formatted MS-DOS (FAT32) the firmware updated. Not sure if this is the exact reason, but its the only difference I can see between the two TF cards.

• @admin please send me the documents as well getting the tmc connection error here

• @admin please send me the document as well just received my new ender 5 pro and also getting the tmc connection error.

• I also just received my new Ender 5 Pro, and am getting TMC connection error. I followed the instruction in this thread, however, the youtube video shows the upgrade for the Ender 3. Assuming it is the same process, when I do it, the Ender 5 does not delay in booting, it does not seem to be installing the new firmware from the TF card.
    The computer detects the memory with the file, but it keeps throwing the same error and I can't update the firmware.
    The Marlin Ver is 0.0.8 dated 25/4/20.
    Thanks for your support.
    Best regards

• I also just received my new Ender 5 Pro, and am getting TMC connection error. I followed the instruction in this thread, however, the youtube video shows the upgrade for the Ender 3. Assuming it is the same process, when I do it, the Ender 5 does not delay in booting, it does not seem to be installing the new firmware from the TF card. I can confirm from the menu that it knows there is a TF card inserted, and the supplied .bin file is on it.

Please help.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.