Exceptional Error 203 (Probing Failed)

• Hallo to everyone,
    I just bought a CR-6 SE, at first start, doing auto-leveling, the display shows “Exceptional Error 203 (Probing Failed) and the machine stopped.
    Can anyone help me suggestion how could I solve this issue?
    Regards and thank you very much

Gerpa

• @shinmai its not uncommon to do this its been done for many years in the print industry. I agree it probably shouldn't be needed but it is a seal thats easily broken. In terms of heat there is no way that will cause a problem up there as is very clear of any hot zone otherwise filament would never make it to the nozzle but its advise you take it or leave it the strain gauge is super sensitive to adjustment.

• @gazman1985 said in Exceptional Error 203 (Probing Failed):

Once your happy with that apply a tiny amount of tipex or nail varnish to prevent vibration shifting it.

Or, alternatively, if you want to keep using your strain gauge and be able to account for changes in firmware taring, different PTFE tubes and swapped nozzles or hotends, don't actually put correction fluid or nail polish on the electronics next to a device that heats up to several hundred degrees centigrade.
    Unless the trimpot is defective, it won't shift from the movement of the print head. If it is defective, get in touch with Creality support and have it replaced.

• Hi @Gerpa72

First thing I would check is have you had the cover off the carriage? The strain gauge can be affected by its own wiring so make sure there is clearance for that cable where its not resting below the strain gauge. Through the carrige cover (with the led turned off) you may see a blue light, make sure this is not flickering or on when there is no surface contact between the nozzle and the bed. If its on you will need to remove the carriage cover and you will see a pcb on the left side of the carriage on this board there is a very small potentiometer if you not sure what that is it looks like a small Phillips head screw on a square. Rotating that counter clockwise slightly will make the bed sensor more sensitive and clockwise less sensitive. You want it to be so that the LED on the pcb goes out but comes on with light pressure on the nozzle. Once your happy with that apply a tiny amount of tipex or nail varnish to prevent vibration shifting it. Then again being aware of the cabling reattach the cover and check for the blue led through the cover if its out you can check the pressure on the nozzle one more time and test. Sorry for the long post its just a bit finicky.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.