Strange material drips on the print

• Today I printed several models.
    At some point I noticed that a strange material (like PLA ?) dripped on to the print from near the nozzle. Please see the 1st photo for this material.

Then I opened the fan cover and saw that there is this strange material attaching the cables to the heater. See 2nd photo.
    I cleaned it a little and now my prints don't have this drip problem.

BUT:
    What is this ?
    Now that it is decreased on the cables, is it a problem ?
    What can I do about it ?

20201212_211028.jpg

20201212_211018.jpg

• @admin
    thanks. now that's an answer 🙂
    I cleaned and it's good now.

• Dear @ilkeraktuna

This is the printing filaments residual oxide
    Solution: Clean the Heartbreak and nozzle, after cleaning, cut the Heartbreak flat and insert it firmly, tighten the nozzle (very important) Refer to the video link tutorial: https://youtu.be/viiRuI9d9YM

• I really need help on this.
    The thermal paste is already gone but I still see some drop of black while printing in high temperature (210C)
    This doesn'T occur always but from time to time...

any ideas ?

• @shinmai
    since this original paset gave me a lot of trouble, I really hesitate to apply new paste.
    What happens if I don't apply any thermal paste there ? is there any risk ?

thanks.

• سلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته مناشده لااهل الخير محتاجين مساعده انسانيه عندي أطفال صغار محتاجين اكل وفوط وحليب وعندي اجار بيت مكسور علينا وعليه فواتير الكهرباء أرجوكم ساعدونا يااخواني انتم أخواتي مالينا موعين غير الله تم انتم هاده رقمي تواصل 00962780614766

• list item

• @shinmai

this is really weird. the original paste is dripping at the beginning of each print (well almost every print)
    I print at 200C usually, the first layer at 210C

so why this material is dripping so much?

it spoils my prints...
    (not always but mostly)

• Like I said, you can use any other material that can withstand the heat and doesn't work as an insulator.
    You can get boron nitride paste from most shops selling 3D printer parts, including 3DJake. Back in the day we used to use tailpipe sealer, which would still work, but that'll be a real pain in the ass to remove later if needed.

A lot of hotends don't use any kind of thermal tranfer medium, and just rely on contact transfer, which is fine, too, if a tad less precise, obviously.

• some more dripped off. Now remaining is really near zero.
    What can I do ?

• @shinmai
    so what should I search for ?
    bor nitride I couldn't find...

• can I use thermal paste for CPUs ?

For most thermal pastes: no.
    Most thermal pastes for improving heat transfer between an IC and a heatsink have a maximum continuous temperature of 150-200°C, which, even if you print just PLA likely isn't sufficient.

CPU thermal paste is not something like this (not hard like this)

Yes, that stuff isn't thermal paste, it's something cheap and more readily available used in place of high-temp thermal paste to save on costs. Most likely some kind of high temperature adhesive or an anti-seize compound meant for use in engines, gearboxes or bearings.

• @shinmai said in Strange material drips on the print:

Most likely some kind of cheap replacement for proper thermal paste to aid in heat conduction, probably some kind of high-temp adhesive or an anti-seize compound.
    If you're conserned about some of it coming out and losing some thermal conductivity, you could carefully remove the rest, and apply a proper high-temperature thermal paste like boron nitride paste.

can I use thermal paste for CPUs ?
    CPU thermal paste is not something like this (not hard like this)
    I live in Turkey and just looked at online shops , couldn't find anything marked "bor nitride"

• Most likely some kind of cheap replacement for proper thermal paste to aid in heat conduction, probably some kind of high-temp adhesive or an anti-seize compound.
    If you're conserned about some of it coming out and losing some thermal conductivity, you could carefully remove the rest, and apply a proper high-temperature thermal paste like boron nitride paste.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.