Ender 3 v2 X axis not working

• I have just got a new Ender 3 v2 today and assembled it as per instructions. When I selected the auto home function it didn't work. I then selected each axis in the menu to move and they all work fine apart from the X axis. I have double checked the plugs into the motor and the plug into the circuit board. Everything seems to be seated fine. Has anyone else had this issue or no a way of sorting it?

• After days of switching stepper motors and limit switches back and forth to eliminate those as possibilities, upgrading the mainboard and replacing the wiring... it was replacing the x/e wire set that made it stop jerking and respond to instruction for me.

• @luca said in Ender 3 v2 X axis not working:

@WeeHappyPixie said in Ender 3 v2 X axis not working:

the

Hey @WeeHappyPixie was the missing pin on the motherboard side of the cable? Please advise on this!

It was on the PCB side. The actual pin coming out of the switch stopped half way to the PCB so no connection. I set it as my cover picture in my profile.

John

• @WeeHappyPixie said in Ender 3 v2 X axis not working:

the

Hey @WeeHappyPixie was the missing pin on the motherboard side of the cable? Please advise on this!

• @Alan_B Hi,

I have had this issue too with my brand new Ender 3 V2 and I traced it to a manufacturing defect with the limit switch. One of the pins was missing. I soldered a bit of wire to the switch and pcb and it's worked since.

John

• Yes same here, see video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyayPDZreOA

The stepper motor vibrates and rattles heavily but most importantly does not move as expected

While powered off I can move the axis smoothly, no problems at all.

If I power it on and "auto home" I can hear a loud rattle and vibration but no movement I have checked several time (1) belt tension adjusting it in different ways (2) connection cables from the stepper motor along their way to the controller (3) controller cables plug / replug + removing that nasty hot glue (4) exchange cable x with z

Simply the stepper motor won't rotate: it rattles and vibrates it moves both clockwise and anti-clockwise at little steps

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.