Creality slicer

• installed slicer in win 10
    installed ok
    click shortcut icon and nothing happens
    nothing in task mngr

any help?
    ds

• Dear @davestea28

It may be that the slicing software has not been installed successfully, please uninstall and reinstall and try again

• did you try to start it with a right click on the icon and start it as an administrator?

• I would avoid the creality slicer like the plague, just download the latest version from Cura's site and use an Ender 3 profile (preferably CHEP's) and the only thing I had to change was the bed size and the retraction.

• Motala, I got mine working finally. Here is what I did:

1. I uninstalled all software using the uninstall program using the 'uninstall' program on the flash drive that came with the 3d printer.
    2. I then went in my laptop screen to START (lower left corner), then SETTINGS (the gear symbol), and APPS (uninstall, defaults, options features), and looked down the list when it opened for CREALITY SLICER. Click on CREALITY SLICER and UNINSTALL. It appears that the flash drive does not completely uninstall the entire program, so old data may be present.
    3. I did a RESTART so everything would be clean for a reinstall.
    4. I put the flash drive back in and did an INSTALL and let it place the program where it wanted to go. I think if you move it which is an option may be the problem, which I believe was my case, as it would not start-up the program after my initial install. Perhaps it does not map critical files so it can open properly.
    5. I removed the flash drive and again did a RESTART. Maybe paranoia but I have seen programs not fully function until a reboot.
    6. Once Windows opened I clicked on the icon for CREALITY SLICER and it went immediately to the first time user screen for settings and everything started up nicely.

I hope this is helpful for you as it worked for me. I would be interested to see if it works for you as well.

• I'm also having the same problem. Is the software compatible with windows 10 software? I'm running a Toshiba laptop if that helps.

• @davestea28 said in Creality slicer:

installed slicer in win 10
    installed ok
    click shortcut icon and nothing happens
    nothing in task mngr

any help?
    ds

I have same problem. According to logs a crash with pythonw.exe and wxbase28uh_vc.dll involved. What kind of computer (hardware) do you have? Trying to narrow down the problem and what is causing it. Ultimaker Cura works fine though.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.