Ender 3 V2 BLTouch and Filament Runout Sensor

• Is new firmware going to be available very soon for these?

Will the Creality Filament Runout Sensor also be available on the official Creality store and also Amazon (preferred) for purchase?

Many anxious users! ; )

Thank you!

• @LebaneseMo

It is obviously a error in their advertising which they make many errors if you haven't figured that out. It is what it is for low cost. Maybe look at Prusa mini or MK3S? $$$$

The V2 does NOT come with a filament runout device, just the connector to add a future one or your own.

• @admin any updates on this please? Many of us are anxiously awaiting a solution.

Also I would like to check something with you. When I first placed my order the description of the Ender 3 V2 suggested it had a smart filament sensor, however that is not the case with my Ender 3 V2.

It is even discussed on one of your blogs in detail and clearly states that this printer should have a smart sensor for filament breakage and runout.

So what's the deal? Surely this is false advertising or at the very least extremely misleading???

Blog post: https://www.creality.com/blog-detail/ender-3-v2-phenomenal-3d-printer

And the specific part of the blog states this:
    "
    6. Smart Sensor

For the smart sensor, it’s sure that the resume printing function won't be less. In the printing process, if the printing filaments are run out or accidentally broken, please don’t worry, the detector will protect them to turn off the power. And when you replace the filament and connect the power, the printing will continue from the broken position. The model will be complete.
    "

• The file is missing from the page

• @timd1971 I am following this topic.. I bought a compact filament run out sensor with light, and I was wondering if it is only to wire and plug using the new firmware. Is it?

• @admin

THANK YOU! Creality is on the right track!!! Great job!

Ender 3 V2 does not come with filament runout sensor like the the CR6-SE does, but the V2 has the connector on the board for future add on like the BLTouch does and it's connector on board.

Was wondering if we can purchase the filament runout sensor separately from Creality or use another and with the connector on board.

Assume another firmware update would be required to use the filament runout sensor.

Thank you again! Very promising!

• The main board have the port for the filament Runout Sensor. Our question is if the firmware is ready for this..

• @timd1971 , Pls check the Ender-3 V2 with the BL touch firmware as well, https://www.creality.com/download/32. about the Filament Runout Sensor, as I know, Ender 3 V2 didn't come with it. let me confirm first and get back to you later.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.