Creality CR-6 won't print

• I got my printer about two weeks ago and I set it all up, I leveled the bed, I preheated the nozzle and the build plate, and I put the SD card in. But when I went to try my first print none of the prints showed up. I've tried lots of things over these last two weeks but nothing has worked. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

• I had the same problems , now it works . I did the following :
    i sliced my own construction (not the default images (model)) and put the gcode in the original sdcard root folder. and all of the sudden it works. maybe it likes the original sdcard files on it or it dislikes the provided modelfiles because of different gcodes.

• @bpl8523 I had the same problem. My fix consisted of doing two things:

1. Changing filenames to include CCR6 at the beginning of the files
    2. Updating firmware (there is a video on the card that shows how to do it)

Unfortunately, what I am finding out is that I have to reload firmware every few days for the printer to "see" my files.

• @Cotton728 I figured out how to fix my problem. I downloaded Cura and sliced a new file to see if it could print that and that worked, it seems that the pre-downloaded files couldn't be printed.

• @eric-holmes said in Creality CR-6 won't print:

I got my printer about two weeks ago and I set it all up, I leveled the bed, I preheated the nozzle and the build plate, and I put the SD card in. But when I went to try my first print none of the prints showed up. I've tried lots of things over these last two weeks but nothing has worked. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Guys the image files are located in a folder "images" on the card. You will need to move the files that you'd like to print outside of that folder to the main card directory and then your printer will see the stock files.

• I just got mine today, and I have the same issue. I think the sd cards may be corrupt. Did you find a resolution for this issue?

• Dear @eric-holmes, The printer only recognizes gcode files. The file name should be within 16 characters. The Gcode file should be placed in the root directory of the SD card. If Still not reading the card, soak in a little alcohol, and plug it in several times to see if it works. After inserting the card, operate the refresh SD card command. Try another SD card below 16g.
    If it still does not work, please provide a video of the printer reading card and a video of the computer reading card and the printer's manufacturing code to cs@creality.com

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.