Layer shift with a pop noise?

• I just purchased my ender 3 v2 an make 3 great prints. Yesterday I was trying to make a spool mount an now all my prints have shifted layers. It does not matter the size of the print an it will happen at any time. Prior to shift there is always a pop that I can hear but can not find. I have fully dismantled my printer an checked ever nut an bolt an have verified all belts tension is good. The printer is square an bed level is perfect. Any advice.

• Yeah those are always tough. Might video capture the extruder (with the knob removed to better see the roller and filament feed), next the hot-end assembly, and then the X-Axis arm (to better see if Z is shifting) Then play it back and see if you can catch any intermittent anomalies. This might help pin it down to Z-Axis or feed issues. Also check that your filament feed is not binding from the roll. Perhaps even help it off the roll by hand at the extruder as you go to maintain some slack. Make sure the grub screws are tight on the Z-Motor stepper motor coupling to the long Z-Axis lead screw. Try turning it by hand by rotating the coupler and be sure it is not binding someplace along the way. It should turn easily, and with the V2, the stepper motor should not need any additional add-on shims.

Try a manual filament feed by hand from the extruder knob with a hot tip, and make sure that it is smooth and relatively easy. Also be sure you are printing at a hot enough temperature for the filament type that you are using, and check that the hotend/nozzle is clog free, and of the correct diameter (use the cleaning wire). Lastly check that the filament feed rate somehow did not get set way too high, usually around 92 to 110mm/step is the norm, depending on the type, brand, and recommended printing temperature. That's all I got...

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.