Best Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) for the Ender 5 Plus?

• We had a power outage here today during a print on m Ender 5 Plus, and I'm sorry to say that it's power panic recovery just isn't good enough. When power is lost, it freezes with the hotend stuck to the print, and it let's everything, including the headbed, cool down after power is restored until it gets answer to the question: "Resume interrupted print?" I click "Yes", and it heats up the printhead in the same position, thereby melting a nice crater into the print. There's more, but you get the idea.

So, I need a UPS that's powerful enough to power the Ender 5 Plus through short power interruptions--say up to a minute. Even just 30 seconds might be good enough. Any UPS recommendations? I did try running the Ender 5 Plus from a CyberPower PR750LCD Smart App Sinewave UPS System, 750VA/525W, which from the specs I thought would have had enough oomph, but the CyberPower complained that the power draw from the Ender 5 Plus was too large. Perhaps the reason why is that, due to inefficiency, the Ender 5 Plus's 400w meanwell power supply pulls more than 525w. Either that or perhaps the meanwell power supply can't provide 525w, or anything near it, for longer than a few moments..

• Reporting back: I went for overkill and got the CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS System, 1500VA/1000W, 12 Outlets, AVR, Mini Tower Black. This one definitely works without any problem.

• @WhiteHare that is somewhat strange. You would be on the max end range of the 750, but it should have worked without complaining. I have a UPS on everything electronic, and I recently stopped using APC in favor of CyberPower, because the APC cartridges have a major design failure. I usually don't purchase anything under 1800, and typically you'd like the UPS to be at least double the load, and 3x if you can. The Ender 5 Plus doesn't need the nice sine-wave, so you can go with the slightly less expensive versions at a higher rating.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.