HELP! Firmware update has killed TF card reader

• I just received my new Creality BLTouch Sensor. As instructed I updated the firmware. The Creality website is TERRIBLE for helping to choose the correct file to download. I picked the file that had the word 'firmware' in it. I have an Ender 5 Pro with a 4.2.2 board. This is the file I downloaded:
    14 Aug, 2020
    Ender-5 Pro_32bit_Marlin2.0.1 - V1.1_TMC2208.BL Touch_Firmware_0814.rar
    I extracted the .bin file to the TF card and updated the firmware.
    The BLTouch Sensor did not work properly.
    Then I did same procedure except using this file:
    14 Nov, 2020
    4.2.2 Ender-5 pro 32bit Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.3.1with adapter board.rar

After updating the firmware it appears the BLTouch sensor is working OK. Although, I wonder why the "Probe Z Offset" function exists?? If I do it there is no amount of offset that will bring the bed anywhere near the nozzle!! But "Auto Home" appears to work, and "Bed Levelling" also appears to work.
    I say "appears" to work because I can no longer print!! After the firmware update the machine does not see my TF card anymore!! HELP!
    I did delete the .bin file after updating but that doesn't really matter anyway. I also tried formatting the card again - again to FAT32. It's 30GB. IT WAS WORKING BEFORE! The card reads fine on my computer. Diagnostics say there is nothing wrong with it.

But the machine does not see it. This is awful......

If you think I damaged something think again. Here is the chronology of what I did:
    I updated the firmware using the TF card. Next I installed the hardware. Next I tested the sensor and saw it was not working properly. Next I updated the firmware again. But I did not touch the hardware again - it was already installed. Clearly the TF card reader was working properly after I installed the hardware. Otherwise I would not have been able to do the second firmware update. It has to have been the second update that killed the TF card reader.

What now? How do I get my machine back?

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.