I am about to give up my printer soon.
It always give grounding issue and causing under-extrusion.
What I did:
- Change to aluminum extruder
- Set tension to the minimal
- Replace filament form PLA to PLA+
- Try out various retraction distances: 2mm to 10mm (10mm as recommended by Creality support)
- Try out various retraction speeds: 25mm/2 to 80mm/s (80mm/s as recommended by Creality support)
- Try out various print speed: 30 to 60mm/s (50-60mm/s as recommended by Creality support)
- Try moving speed: 60mm/s as recommended by Creality support
If I print small parts like gears and simple hollow box no issue , however, if I started to print larger part (like a palm size enclosure ). I started to have under-extrusion. The path of the print-head basically will hope from one region after completion to another to fill up the layers, and as it hops over, retraction happens, and chances of pinching is very high.
Like to check with you guys whether is there any way to alter the gcode in a way that it will minimize retraction?
Or any suggestions are very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
In order to better serve our users and solve their after-sales problems in a timely manner,
our technical team has created an official after-sales platform：
For after-sales issues with Creality products, please move to the official after-sales channel, where we have the professional after-sales staff to deal with your after-sales issues in real-time.
Below is the official after-sales channel portal, if you have any after-sales issues, please contact us on this platform. Thank you for your support.
There is an issue with high temperature on extruder gear. I have measured more then 50 °C after about 100 min of print. Please try print with extra fan on extruder gear like here:
This post is deleted!