E5Pro unable to restore firmware

• Howdy,

My 4.2.2 board shipped with something like 0.0.8 firmware so I tried to update it. I used a file called "Ender-5 ProMarlin1.1.8EnglishTMC22081284PBootloader.hex" renamed to firmware.bin - the file came from a zip labeled "(静音)Ender-5 ProMarlin1.1.8EnglishTMC2208". Now the screen is blank and the firmware will not start. I can't remember where I got this set of code 😞

Is the E5Pro 4.2.2 bootloader in the ARM ROM or is it in ARM flash? If it's in flash then I'm guessing that the code in that firmware file wrote over the bootloader as the bootloader was executing, therefore breaking the bootloader. How can I re-flash the bootloader?

If in ROM then I'm still having issues: I now have the latest "Ender-5 pro 4.2.2mainboard(32bit).zip" file for firmware, downloaded from https://www.creality.com/download. It has the following firmware:

• Ender-5 Pro hardware V4.2.2 firmware V1.0.1.1 Czech
    • Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.1.1 Non-adapter board firmware
    • Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.3.1 with-adapter board firmware(temporary)
    • Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.4.1with-adapter board firmware+filament detection
    • Marlin2.0.1 V1.0.1 Endstop firmware
    • Marlin2.0.1 V1.2.1 filament detection

I'm adding a BLTouch V3.1 so I'm assuming that I need to use the "Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.1.1 Non-adapter board firmware", correct?

I renamed the "Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.1.1 Non-adapter board firmware.hex" file to "firmware.bin", put it on the SD card, then powered up. However, the screen stays blank and it doesn't appear that the firmware was updated.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

• "

I renamed the "Marlin2.0.1 BLtouch V1.1.1 Non-adapter board firmware.hex" file to "firmware.bin", put it on the SD card, then powered up. However, the screen stays blank and it doesn't appear that the firmware was updated.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    "

Yes, what you call a .hex file is already a .bin file and should not be renamed at all.

Without bltouch you only use the Endstop firmware version.
    Either the bltouch comes with an adapter or not , so not much to choose from, either V1.1.1 or V1.4.1 is what you need then.

Just put it in your SD card rootfolder , insert card in printer, power on printer and it should update automatically.

greetings.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.