Ender 3 V2 Fails Out of the Box

• First ever 3D printer and cannot be more frustrated. I have everything assembled and on the first autohome the bed goes flying to the back and start making a loud grinding noise. Upon further review, there is nothing under the bed that would hit the switch. Attached is a picture of the switch with the bed all the way back. As you can see there's nothing even remotely close to this switch. Googling this says to adjust the plate but I can't adjust the plate because it's mounted. This came from the factory this way and I'm ready to give up and send it back. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

• @getdjc I can't see your attachement, but I can tell you about two problems my Ender 3 V2 had out of the box:

1. one of the rails where the wheels of the Y axis are supposed to run had a bump on it, so the plate was lowering and then rising again when the wheels were moving on it. The plate made a thumping sound when passing on the bump. The Y axis bar has two pairs of rails, so I solved the problem by mounting the bar upside down, so that the wheels were running on the good pair of rails.
    2. The eccentric nuts of the bed didn't come already adjusted from the factory, and the user manual didn't say anything about this. I figured out that, if the plate is wobbling, you can simply adjust the eccentric nuts under the bed to make the wheels perfectly match with the rails.
      If you manually click the switch before the plate moves to the back, does the homing stop? If not, it's a problem in the switch or in its connection to the main board.
      With everything aligned, it shouldn't make any bad sound.

• Check your wires and make sure that all the wires are secure in their connector.

Mine had the same sympton with the X-axis. Turns out that one of the wires in the X-axis connector that plugs on the mainboad is loose and falling out of the connector.

• @getdjc The Y bed carriage is not symmetrical. It has likely been fitted the wrong way round. It is the roller that activates the switch, the tension adjusting rollers (ones with hex shaft) should be on the right.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.