Brim wont release

• I’m using Ender 3 and the Crealty slicer.   PLA 200c nozzle and 60c bed temp.   I had no problems through many prints in the past but now the brim is stuck and wont release to the point of destroying the print

• @mac-7 having read a second time you were clear enough. I usual end up carefully picking the brim off by hand or sharp knife. It's never stuck so hard as to break the part though. It needs to attach to do its job I suppose it would attach harder if the nozzle spreads it wider than normal by either being too close to the bed or extruding more plastic than usual.
    Do let us all know if you find the problem

• @BobB

I think I didnt explain my problem clearly

The finished print separates from the bed easily

But it not separate from the part

• @gigor said in Brim wont release:

If so, you are probably too close to the bed on your first layer and it is squishing the layer into the bed too much.

Thats a good idea. I’ll check it when I get home.

Now I am not using either the brim or the raft and I like it much better. Printing is noticably faster and it uses less PLA

But someday I may need the other options so I want to know that I can

• @mac-7 For the cooler bed temperatures needed for PLA I recommend getting a magnetic flexible surface.
    Installation is easy. Take the glass off, stick the magnet to the bed and drop the print surface into place.
    After printing lift off the metal sheet, wait for it to cool and bend it slightly. Prints just pop straight off.

• Is your printbed clean ?
    Do you let it cooldown to room temperature before trying to remove?
    If so, you are probably too close to the bed on your first layer and it is squishing the layer into the bed too much.
    Check your bedlevel, this might have changed over time with usage.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.