New Ender-3 - Having Problems

• I recently got an Ender-3 for the larger build volume. I'm still largely a beginner with 3D printing, but have been using a Snapmaker without any meaningful problems. I was able to print the test dog in Ender-3 without problems. I am having issues processing my personal files utilizing the larger volume (about 180 mm max dimension, X in this case).

1. The build plate/sheet seems to not be ideal, to put it politely. I think the plate is fine. The sheet that came with it is not magnetic, not a sticker, or glass. It seems intended to be held in place with binder clips. I level the corners carefully, but the middle always stays springy. So when I start printing, I get a pretty good initial layer on one side of the build plate, but on the other side it's much too thin, looking almost like water. And no matter how many times I level at the corners, I can't seem to account for the "bubble" in the sheet and get a good surface for a larger build volume.

2. I'm slicing in Cura 4.7 and I set initial layer temperature to 210, print temp to 200, and build plate to 50. But it seems like the nozzle temperature never is saved in the file. So I have to set it manually.

3. Any suggestions on feeding the spool? This I seem to have noticed is an issue on the Ender-3 and eventually I'll probably need to modify this somehow. But in the one print I got going a little bit, I lost because of a spool feed issue.

• Dear @ESzczesniak, It is recommended to adjust the printing speed to 20 after printing, and adjust the distance between the nozzle and the platform through the leveling nut at the bottom of the platform.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.