CR-10 V3 Changing filament
I have just got my printer and was wondering
what is the excepted method of swapping / changing from one filament to another?
As far as I know it does not have an unload function or am I wrong?
any help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm pretty new to this myself, but as no one has answered so far, this is what I do;
- pre-heat the hot-end (185'C for PLA)
- while its heating up, raise the print-head to (say) z = 100mm via the menu
- once heated, rotate the cog on the print-head forward and insure that hot plastic is extruded (i.e. no blockage), and then remove the extruded piece of plastic
- rotate the cog backwards while holding the filament with the other hand, pulling lightly to sense that the filament is coming out
- once the filament is free of the jaws, you will be able to just pull it out
- re-load new filament
I hope that helps.