CR-6 SE prints are not coming out, they are stringy

• every time ive tried to print a model, the print starts out normal, and then it starts getting strings all around the print and turns out looking like steel wool, just a jumbled mess of string, instructions dont give adequate troubleshooting for this problem.
    ![0_1598918653124_print.jpg](Uploading 100%)

• A couple of items to try/verify:

• Agree with @m1ck5k1 the site he recommends is awesome I've had very good luck with the gcode generated there and is very helpful if you are learning (this is my first 3D printer). Look for review by same author on youtube for CR-6 SE printer.
    • Are you using the slicer software that came with the printer on the SD card? If yes, are you using the CR-6 SE profile that came with that software?
    • Assuming you are using the PLA that came with the printer, make sure that the bed temp is 60 C and nozzle temp is 200 C when printing. These should be set correctly by the printer profile. This will ensure good adhesion to the bed (they stick so well I can't remove prints until bed cools) and good laydown of filament.
    • Make sure you don't have a lot of air movement in the room where the printer is.
    • My z offset is 0.20 which I believe is part of the printer profile. That has worked fine for me for many tens of successful prints.
    • Make sure you have the SD card inserted when you do the bed leveling. I believe that when you run bed leveling the result is stored on and reloaded from the SD card. If that is working you should see something like EPROM.DAT on your SD card when you look at it on your computer.
    • I still have questions about if the auto leveling mesh is automatically loaded when you start a print. There is some gcode that you can add to your startup gcode in CURA slicer to do this. Review the pages at the link mentioned above you will find details there.
    • Make sure the stl files are flat on the bed in CURA slicer. I believe there is an option in there somewhere to make CURA do this automatically.

Even with all that I too get some random strings in my prints that I haven't totally figured out yet. However, out of the box with the included software/printer profile I have been pretty lucky with my prints. Even tough ones like print in place IRIS box have been successful.

Hope something here helps.

• @admin said in CR-6 SE prints are not coming out, they are stringy:

DEAR @James-Garvin
    Please refer to the video to clean the nozzle and throat. When installing the nozzle, tighten the nozzle first, then loosen 90 degrees, insert the Teflon tube to the end, and then tighten the nozzle

https://youtu.be/XGKRg7Q1mPE

This did absolutely nothing for me. I'm still stringing like crazy. I'm going to experiment with a plated copper nozzle. The stringing issue is so bad, it makes this printer useless until its resolved

• DEAR @James-Garvin
    Please refer to the video to clean the nozzle and throat. When installing the nozzle, tighten the nozzle first, then loosen 90 degrees, insert the Teflon tube to the end, and then tighten the nozzle

https://youtu.be/XGKRg7Q1mPE

• Go here and start the troubleshooting process, pretty straight forward. This guy knows his 5h1t;
    -https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html#intro

FYI: I am having issues with the bed, I hate the material, its not flat, and the ABL (Auto Bed Leveling) feature is somewhat 'hit & miss' I'm finding that I need to raise the Z-Offset between 0.10-0.20mm during the first layer.

• also, i cant seem to upload an image of the print

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.