Any upgrade/ mod necessary for the Ender-3 V2?

• I am new to 3D printing in general and I am to order the Ender-3 V2.
    Is there any upgrade or mod that I should buy/ do?

e.g. Auto bed levelling sensor kit or glass bed etc???

Or just go stock and it iss enough?

• @SteveDee Thanks! and easy 🙂

• @TonyMM
    I'm just using the Cura slicer software.

With my old laptop connected to my CR-10-V3 printer I slice, then select Print via USB and just print.

The Monitor screen shows details;
    CuraPrint.png

• @WeeHappyPixie said in Any upgrade/ mod necessary for the Ender-3 V2?:

@TonyMM Sorry for any confusion TonyMM,

A simple Raspberry Pi running OctoPi can connect to the USB port of the Ender 3 V2. This allows you to do many things to enhance your printing experience such as sending files directly to it from the likes of Cura on your laptop, monitoring the temps and reporting any issues. Paired with a simple Pi cam or a USB webcam you can make some lovely timelapse videos and monitor your prints via the app on a mobile phone.

There are loads and loads of plugins for it so have a wee look at OctoPrint, you won't be disappointed.

John

I understand now. Thanks!

So if I use a spare laptop just for the printing jobs, what kind of software should I use? any specific software?

• @TonyMM Sorry for any confusion TonyMM,

A simple Raspberry Pi running OctoPi can connect to the USB port of the Ender 3 V2. This allows you to do many things to enhance your printing experience such as sending files directly to it from the likes of Cura on your laptop, monitoring the temps and reporting any issues. Paired with a simple Pi cam or a USB webcam you can make some lovely timelapse videos and monitor your prints via the app on a mobile phone.

There are loads and loads of plugins for it so have a wee look at OctoPrint, you won't be disappointed.

John

• @obou said in Any upgrade/ mod necessary for the Ender-3 V2?:

@TonyMM Let's you print right from your computer no more saving it to an SD card.

Understand!

So if I use a spare laptop just for the printing jobs, what kind of software should I use? any specific software?

• @TonyMM Let's you print right from your computer no more saving it to an SD card.

• @WeeHappyPixie Thanks for the feedback.
    Why would a Raspberry Pi make the printing easier?

• @TonyMM Hi TonyMM,

Welcome to the forum. I personally would get used to your printer first before making any mods.

After I got used to mine I added the BLTouch, metal extruder, 4.2.7 board and 2nd Z motor. The board change was to cure the known issue with some 4.2.2 boards overheating and causing the extruder to skip.

I would also recommend you grab yourself a Raspberry Pi and a copy of OctoPi as it will make printing so much easier.

John

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.