Creality Ender-3 not reading new SD card files.

• I have had my printer for a couple of days now, and aside from a few misplaced hex keys, everything has been going well. However, when I add 3D files to the SD card and then put the SD card in the Ender-3 they do not show up. I have been able to print the pre-loaded files that come with the SD card (The test cat), but I have no clue why the new files will not show up. Thank you in advance for any advice.

• Hello Ender3V2 Family.
    I have a simiar problem. After I got my printer assebled, I sliced a 20mm test cube via cura and saved the gcode file to a new 64gb micro sd card.
    The card looks ok. No problems when copying files to it.
    After I put the micro SD Card into the sd card slot and selected "print", the display was empty. The stored gcode file was not found or available to select and print.

What can I do?

Is the Ender 3 V2 Mainboard limited to 8 oder 16 GB micro sd cards only?

Renaming of the printing file did not solve the problem.

• Hi...you have to use Cura or creality Slicer to convert or create the gcode from stl files downloaded from, for example, thingiverse.com
    I made the same mistake
    Hope it helps

• Please correct me if I've got this wrong, but I think you are saying that you can see cat.gcode and the new files you have added when SD is plugged into your computer, but you only see cat.gcode (and other pre-loaded examples) when SD is plugged into the printer.

If so, please post the names of all files as they appear on the SD card when plugged into a computer, including folder names, if you have put them in sub-folders.

You could try to simplify the name of one of the new "missing" files into 8.3 format and see if that works, e.g. test.gco

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.