CR-6 SE autolevel keeps pressing printhead in the middle

• My CR6-SE has some trouble.

When trying to autolevel it moves the x and y properly.
    Then it moves to the middle of the bed and start to lower the printhead

The sensor on the left (lamp) turns off and the head still keeps going down
    Then it presses on the headbed and keeps pushing till you turn off the power...

Even if I remove the plate it still keeps going on and on.

Turing the CR6-SE on
    And placing a metal piece between the sensor on the left the led turns off
    When pressing on the printhead a blue led turns on in the head.

Everything seems to work but why is it failing. Can't start any print because it keeps pressing in the middle of the headbed.

Anyone?!

• @MaxS said in CR-6 SE autolevel keeps pressing printhead in the middle:

@Kohen said in CR-6 SE autolevel keeps pressing printhead in the middle:

My CR6-SE has some trouble.

When trying to autolevel it moves the x and y properly.
    Then it moves to the middle of the bed and start to lower the printhead

The sensor on the left (lamp) turns off and the head still keeps going down
    Then it presses on the headbed and keeps pushing till you turn off the power...

Even if I remove the plate it still keeps going on and on.

Turing the CR6-SE on
    And placing a metal piece between the sensor on the left the led turns off
    When pressing on the printhead a blue led turns on in the head.

Everything seems to work but why is it failing. Can't start any print because it keeps pressing in the middle of the headbed.

Anyone?!

I have exactly the same problem as it seems. I also see a blue light appearing each time I put something against?the nozzle. Can we please get super here?

I have the same problem but when I put pressure on the extractor no light comes on. I have upgraded the firmware and still have the same issue.

• I had exactly the same problem after upgrading firmware to 2.0.1.3
    Red light turns off when I put something in the z-axis sensor (proper), blue light turns on when I put pressure against extruder (proper), trying to return to the home position makes extruder to try and break through the printing bed (improper).

The reason was – incorrect firmware. I have installed firmware for motherboard 4.5.3 but mine motherboard, as I found out later, is actually 4.5.2. Reinstalling the proper firmware fixed everything (except some marks in the center of printing bed).

Here's how to figure out which motherboard version you have.
    https://secureservercdn.net/192.169.223.13/i6h.45f.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/wpforo/default_attachments/1609596985-MOBO.png

• After emailing for months i still didn't received the promised part.

Creality is totally failing to deliver what they promised.

1. Created a case
    2. Delivered photo's
    3. Delivered video's with fault and without to prove it is the sensor

They promised me a new sensor but still waiting for it......

Please respond within a week or you leave me no option than post the whole email conversation to all forums I know and topics from this forum.

• After emailing for months i still didn't received the promised part.

Creality is totally failing to deliver what they promised.

1. Created a case
    2. Delivered photo's
    3. Delivered video's with fault and without to prove it is the sensor

They promised me a new sensor but still waiting for it......

Please respond within a week or you leave me no option than post the whole email conversation to all forums I know and topics from this forum.

• @UhOh-Crow

I think this is the video you need to refer to achieve instruction 1 for the adjustable resistance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0P2opolqA&feature=youtu.be
    2 minutes and 32 seconds is where the information of how to conduct the check and what to do get the resistance in the correct range.

As instruction 2 - I don't know what they mean!

• I have the same problem. I have been through several back and forth a with support including weeks of silence. I originally wrote almost 3 months ago, but have only gotten to two steps of repair.
    First they said to update the firmware. This made it so that now it touches every point in the auto level process, but then at the end of the cycle it returns to the center and continues to press downward into the bed and the software hangs. It never completes and never returns to home. I am forced still to turn it off to get it to reset.
    After another three week wait, they responded with this:
    After checking you video,
    the following is the instruction from my engineer,
    the printer can complete the automatic leveling process in the video.

1. Please adjust the adjustable resistance on the adapter board and adjust the sensitivity of pressure sensitivity.
    2. The pulley under the nozzle can be properly locked.
      Please see attached picture
      Looking forward to your reply
      Elwin
      Kickstarter Support
      Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co.,Ltd.

I can find no instructions online how to do either step. If anyone knows what they mean, please help.
    Also, they are incorrect, it never completes the auto level cycle.

• I have the same problem now... So did you all get a solution for this issue?

• I'm having the same issue except i don't see the light on the hotend, i check all the cables and replace the sensor but nothing changed. Not sure what else to do to fix this issue.

• I have this problem too, though it began after I had had the printer for 2 weeks.

I've replaced the EE-SX671 sensor on the Z-axis upright with the spare, just in case, also checked the voltage on the sensor board on the print head is within the operating range (1.55v-1.70v), which it is.
    Cables checked. Firmware updated.
    As with previous poster soggy29797, the LED on the sensor board flickers when you switch on the printer but no longer reacts to any pressure on the print head (LED never lights up). The print head is just driven straight into the bed until you switch off the machine.

I got a 'please be patient' email a week ago but today I have now been told via an automated email to install 'Creality Cloud' that will 'solve all your printer problems'...!

I pretty sure that the problem is the strain gauge and/or the sensor board but, I can't get an human being to actually converse with me about it to arrange a replacement.

Come on Creality, you are seriously dropping the customer service ball here.
    I'm a first-time 3D printer buyer and bought the CR-6 SE on the back of it's supposed novice-user friendliness.
    This situation is not filling me with confidence, waiting months for the printer to arrive only to break after 2 weeks.
    It's not been a great introduction to the world of 3D printing...

• I'm having the same issue i check all the cables, i replace the sensor but still have the same issue. I push on the hotend tip but no blue light come on. Do i need to replace the hotend or the there's a sensor issue.

• I have been in an endless email circle with support about this. I have tested everything they asked me to test and still nothing. I can't autolevel and I can't auto home. Unlike some, I can't get my z axis to touch the plate, even manually.

I have a feeling my sensor, mainboard or both are shot but good luck getting any action from Creality. They keep telling me to test pins on the motor contacts with a voltmeter but all the cables on my machine have been glued in place from the manufacturer.

Very unhappy with this and have learned my lesson for buying any hardware from kickstarter and I certainly won't touch a Creality product again.

• Has there been a firm resolution to this issue? I unboxed my printer a bit over a week ago and this is happening to me as well. I replaced the EE-SX671 sensor with my spare. I've replaced my pressure sensor as well and this is still happening to me.

Kickstarter@creality is offering no help.

• This post is deleted!

• My CR-6 SE arrived today... it worked for 1 print and then the autolevel stopped working... it just keeps trying to drive through the bed...

I've replaced the EE-SX671 with the spare,
    Updated the firmware,
    checked all the cables....

still no joy... I've noticed that the sensor board flashes when you turn it on a few times but never lights up when you apply any pressure to the nozzle...

Now what can I try?

• Dear @schiavonir

Please send your issue details to our cs@creality.com I will push them to reply.

• Same problem here, although my printer doesn't give a blue light when I touch the nozzle. So it seems something there.

The printer is just 4 days old and there is no response from support at all.
    I guess this is the last Creality printer for me. The lack of aftersales is unacceptable.

• @admin

I bought my printer from a retailer on Amazon and I have this same problem. Conversation about the issue seems to have stopped. What is the solution? Do I contact Creality support to get a replacement EE-SX671 sensor? Does that fix it for everyone?

I am new to the 3d printing world, so I have very limited troubleshooting abilities here.

• @admin I apperently had the same problem as the original poster of this forum/article. after replacing the EE-SX671 sensor with the spare, the printer started to work and function properly again.

• Dear @MaxS @gsemre

There is a Pin topic for CR-6 SE auto leveling, it may help you.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.