Only able to print sample files correctly

• So, I'm a bit new to 3D printing, but I've had a lot of success with my Ender 3. My CR-6 SE came yesterday. I printed one of the sample files, and it came out perfectly. Now, I'm trying to print a file I sliced myself and I'm having two major problems:

1. Every time it starts printing, it homes to the middle of the bed and touches down and leaves a little pile of filament that I have to go grab so it doesn't get in the way.

2. The lines are WAY too thin. I did add just the top part of a magnetic print bed, because I don't like scraping the glass. I raised the Z offset to 5 mm and it seems to have helped a little, but not much, and I'm afraid to raise it higher, because it was 2 with just the glass.

I've used the CR-6 SE profile in the software included with the printer and also the Ender 3 profile I've been using in the old Creality slicer. I tried importing the profile from the sample file I printed, but it said there wasn't one.

I don't know what to do at this point. Thanks!

• What is the default platform size?

• Dear @mereseydotes

The origin of this printer is the center of the platform. It is normal for consumables to flow out before printing because the PLA will melt when the nozzle temperature reaches the melting point of PLA. A magnetic printing bed is added, which needs to be adjusted by Z-axis offset. There is no CR-6SE configuration file. Please select Ender-3 for the slice software machine option and change the platform size to CR-6SE.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.