CR-6 SE PRINT WITH TPU

• Dear Friends,

Have you received your CR-6 SE 3D printer? We now have received some good feedback.
    There is someone who shares his print car on FACEBOOK with TPU.

dbc26319-82e6-4852-9376-41e64d933281-image.png

130004f0-6007-4305-8dd6-612bb387d661-image.png

• This is with 85A shore hardness NinjaFlex:
    full model
    closeup back side

Settings:

• Extrusion settings: 0.2mm layer height, 0.4mm width, 1.2x extrusion multiplier (120% flow if using Cura)
    • Slicing: 3 perimeters (walls if using Cura), 3 solid top and bottom layers, 10% infill. Disable filling of small gaps.
    • Speed: 20mm/s print speed, 15mm/s for outermost perimeter, 50mm/s movements.
    • Temps: 230°C hotend, 45°C bed

Feeding the filament is a bit tricky, even with a printed guide between the filament sensort and the extruder, but using a lighter or torch to melt the head of the filament stiffens it a bit and makes it pretty easy to get into the bowden tube. Once it's in the tube the extruder does a good job and the filament doesn't get misaligned or bunched. With a heavy spool it might have trouble rotating the spool, moving the spool from the plastic holder onto some bearings on a filament stand solved this for me.

• @admin thanks

• @rdelcueto thanks, will try this later

• @Crazyheaven thanks

• @fery

Try slowing it down the print speed to 20 mm/s. You also might want to bump up the temps to say 220 to 230. But I don't know what TPU your trying to use.

• Dear @fery

I send your post to our after-sales team, and he suggests that

Layer height : 0.15 mm
    Infill : 20%
    Printing temperature : 215⁰C
    Build plate temperature : 60⁰C
    Retraction distance : 5 mm
    Retraction speed : 50 mm/s
    Print speed : 30 mm/s
    Travel speed: 80 mm

• @fery, @dl45, thanks for sharing your results with TPU. I've been doing some investigation before attempting flexible filaments myself.

Angus from Maker's Muse goes over some guidelines when using flexible filaments.

a) For the layer adhesion issue, have you tried slightly higher nozzle temperatures? 220⁰C might be worth a shot. (See Maker's Muse - Tip #6 - Increase Print Temperature)

b) For the stringing issue with the flexible filament, have you tried settings in your slicer to avoid those crossing paths? I think in the latest CURA there is a similar feature under Travel settings (see Cura - Combining & Maker's Muse - Tip #7 - Avoid Crossing Outlines)

Finally, and perhaps not applicable to flexible filaments but stringing in general, there is yet another video from Maker's Muse regarding how to tweak the slicing settings in CURA to reduce stringing in an Ender 3. This should apply to the CR-6 as well. (see Maker's Muse - Stop Ender 3 Stringing)

Regards,
    -R

• @fery I'm having very similar problems. I can print the models that came with the printer and the prints come out perfect. Anything I slice myself results in poor quality or stringing.

• IMG-20200911-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200911-WA0005.jpg

Printer information :
    Creality CR-6 SE
    Layer height : 0.2 mm
    Infill : 10%
    Printing temperature : 215⁰C
    Build plate temperature : room temperature
    Retraction distance : 2 mm
    Retraction speed : 25 mm/s
    Print speed : 50 mm/s
    Travel speed : 150 mm

Printing with TPU. Problem with stringing & layer separation. Once i tried with no retraction and 0% infill. The result is worse than the photo above.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.