Beginner needs help: bed adhesion

• Hi everyone, first of all I am new here. I am 12 years old and I just got my first 3-D printer. I’ve been having problems with bed adhesion and I have looked at lots of videos but I can’t seem to figure out what I need to do to make this work. My projects begin to work but then all of the sudden after about 10 minutes or so, a glob of filament appears and my project moves around the bed. It’s almost like the filament globs up and the extruded gets caught in the glob. Any ideas that can help me to prevent this from happening?

I have tried painters tape, hair spray, glue sticks, and different platform adhesion in my slicer.
    Nothing has worked yet.

Any help is appreciated!

• @Jacobf730 Very carefully check that there is no "free-play" by holding and rocking your print head assembly (...when I first received my printer, I needed to adjust one or two of the plastic wheels because there was a bit of print head movement).

You might want to check the Retraction settings in your slicer to ensure that the head does not ooze too much plastic, creating those globby bits you mentioned. Also maybe try to enable "Z Hop When Retracted".

Print with a Brim to improve adhesion (...especially if your object is quite small or has any corners in contact with the bed, e.g. has a square/rectangular base).

I never use anything on my bed to improve adhesion (e.g. tape, hair spray, raspberry jam 😕 ). I just wipe the bed down using Isopropyl Alcohol (99.9% Pure IPA) once every 3 or 4 weeks and then keep my fingers off the bed.

I hope this helps.

• Hi, @Jacobf730 You can choose the following solutions:1. level the bed, an unlevel bed can cause filament to stick in one area but not others.
    2.Check the distance between nozzle and hot bed, the distance is 0.1 mm, that is the thickness of a piece of A4 paper. The high distance would cause the project moves around the bed.
    3.Clean the bed. A dirty bed can cause poor first layer adhesion because substances on the bed can make the surface uneven.
    4.Raise bed temperature. If the filament stays on the cold plate and cools too fast, it will shrink and can not stick to the plate well. The recommended bed temperature for PLA is 50~70℃, ABS is 90~110℃.
    5.Use brim & raft. Brim or raft can expand the contact surface with build plate. More contact surface would increase bed adhesion.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.