cr10 v1 shrink firmware

• Hello

I have a CR10 with v1.1.2 board, 8 bit sanguino. I have recently bought upgrades, new direct drive extruder and a bltouch but I am unable to apply all necessary features in vscode without running in to firmware size problem. I have tried everything for days.. Is it even possible to achieve this?

im at 96% memory used and Im trying to activate babystepping and babystepping wizard to be able to tune the Z axis on display.

This is what i have done so far in merlin 2.0 bugfix with melzi_optimized_optibot

disable STRING_CONFIG_H_AUTHOR
    disable SHOW_CUSTOM_BOOTSCREEN
    disable CUSTOM_STATUS_SCREEN_IMAGE
    enable DISABLE_M503
    disable EEPROM_CHITCHAT
    enable SLIM_LCD_MENUS

Configuration_adv.h
    enable SDCARD_READONLY
    enable NO_VOLUMETRICS
    enable NO_WORKSPACE_OFFSETS

build_unflags = -g -ggdb
    build_flags = ${common.build_flags} -fno-tree-scev-cprop -fno-split-wide-types -Wl,--relax -mcall-prologues -finline-limit=3 -ffast-math

anything else i can disable?

• Thank you for the suggestion. I might try that.

Can you recommend any new board that fits my CR10 printer?

• This post is deleted!

• @BobKriss said in cr10 v1 shrink firmware:

CR10 with v1.1.2 board

I think that by the time you have turned off features to fit you won't have BLTouch or babystepping etc.
    The last , most feature rich Marlin version for those boards was 1.19 I think. The 2.0.x Marlin is unlikely to fit with the features you want.

Good luck though, Let us know if and how you did it. Otherwise I might suggest to update the board to go with all those upgrades. You won't regret it. Fully featured latest Marlin 2.0.9.1 bugfix is < 290K compiled. With newer boards having 32 bit with minimum 512K, plenty of room and speed.

BaDboD

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.