Couldn't get new Ender Pro 3 to print test files

• Just got my Ender 3 Pro yesterday, assembled it by following the video (plus watched a few on Youtube), leveled the bed, but couldn't get it to print. Here's what I did:

1. I preheated the PLA, and changed the bed temperature to 50 degrees. The info screen showed the temperature levels I have specified.

IMG_2598.jpg

1. I inserted the sd card that came in the box. It detects it. I click "Print from TF". It shows the three .gcode files there. I select the dog one (dog-2.5H.gcode) and click the knob, and nothing happens. Actually, the screen freezes. The printer is still on and warm, but the screen is just stuck. Even if I wait a while, nothing happens. I repeated the steps and tried the other files. The same thing happens.

IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2600.jpg

Initially, the printer could not detect the sd card files after many attempts but my Macbook can read them. So, I copied all the files into my Macbook and reformatted the sd card using the formatter from the SD Card association website. After that, the printer could see the files but as I mentioned it couldn't run them. Help please! I ran out of ideas. Thanks!

• Hi, @juanwesley2000 You can refer to this video on ender 3 pro flashing firmware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvC3FLDTTxs

• @Gracy said in Couldn't get new Ender Pro 3 to print test files:

reflash the mainboard firmware and screen firmware

Thanks! How do you reflash the mainboard firmware and screen firmware? Is there a video I can follow. Thanks again!

• Hi,@juanwesley2000 According to your description, the printer runs stuck. you can try to reflash the mainboard firmware and screen firmware again. If there is still a problem, please fill your issues and attach pictures or videos in this link:
    https://www.creality.com/service-request. You can also send an email to cs@creality.com and attach pictures or video. There will be professionals to help you.

• @Helium3 said in Couldn't get new Ender Pro 3 to print test files:

after to click on the gcode, my screen come back to the top menu (where i see my bed/nozzle temp rising slowly to the print settings.. bed first, followed by the nozzle)..

Thanks for your response! After I click the gcode file, my screen just freezes. It doesn't go back to the top menu.

I will try to check my sd card reader by opening the metal case and see if there are any short circuits. I will let you know once I found out. Thanks for your advice!

• @juanwesley2000
    hi,
    your screen is like my CR10.. after to click on the gcode, my screen come back to the top menu (where i see my bed/nozzle temp rising slowly to the print settings.. bed first, followed by the nozzle)..

note: i have read somewhere that this model have an issue with the sd card reader and the solution was simple.. maybe it’s here, i can’t to remember.. but if you open your box, you should see the metal case of the sd card reader touching (or very close) a circuit and if it’s that, a electric tape there will be your solution..

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.