CP-01 Print filament stops feeding

• Hi any help would be appreciated.
    Have assembled a new CP-01 and trying to 3D print. The print starts out fine and puts a base on the bed but then gets to around 3% and the filament stops feeding.
    The G-code keeps working fine but no filament.
    I have checked the head and looks mechanically ok i.e. the pinion is secure on the motor and plenty of tension on the filament.
    This happens on both the sample G-code and G-code I generate with slicer.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Steve

• hi,@sturner07 please send the email again to cs@creality.com The after-sales staff will reply to your message as soon as possible within a week。

• Hi Yolanda
    I sent an email to cr@creality.com as you suggested but had no reply as yet.
    Are you able to get someone to reply?
    I don't seem to be getting any help from the company I bought it from.
    Feeling a bit frustrated.

• From your description, it is most likely a motherboard issue. Please send an email with videos in details to cs@creality.com
    The after-sales staff will help you solve the problem.

• Hi Yolanda
    I have tested the extrusion motor on the X axis cable and it works ok no problem.
    I marked the end of the extrusion motor shaft so I could see more clearly if it is turning.
    What happens is the motor starts turning ok for around 5 minutes then becomes intermittent in rotation and then fails to turn altogether.
    It would appear that the motor driver is failing after around 5 minutes of operation.

• hi,@sturner07 You can plug the wire of the X-axis into the wiring port of the extruder, and plug the wire of the extruder into the wiring port of the X-axis; then click the moving axis on the screen -- move the X-axis -- move a distance (50mm) at will, and observe whether the extrusion motor turns. if the extrusion motor doesn't work, you can send an email with videos or pictures to cs@creality.com There will be the professionals to help you.

• The extrusion motor does not appear to be turning, cant see the shaft turning.
    So I need to remove the print head and print head cover and connect the X axis cable to the extrusion motor and see if it will drive, is that correct?

• hi, @sturner07 for the issue, you can try to the following

1. First observe whether the extrusion motor is still running;

2. If the extruding motor does not work, exchange the X axis and the motor line of the extruding motor, and then drive respectively to check whether the motor is in good condition;

3. If the extrusion motor is still running, please heat the nozzle to 200℃, and then manually feed to test whether the nozzle is blocked;

4. If the nozzle is blocked, you can clean it according to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXb2lk1eZNY

5. If it is not blocked, check whether the temperature of the nozzle is too low during printing and whether the cooling fan of the nozzle is operating normally

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.