Ender 3 V2 - Pause at Height resumes quickly on own.

• Hey everyone,

I'm very new to 3D printing, but I'm already having a great time with it.

I'm using Pause at Height(layer) and I want it to stay paused will I change filament but... It begins printing around 10 seconds from pausing in the first place. I've tried using Ultimaker Cura 4.7 and Creality Slicer 4.2. I get the same results.

I've noticed that the screen is giving me the option to Pause print. So I'm assuming it thinks its still printing or it's resuming print because of that maybe. I also tried pressing the pause print button while the printer was in it's "10-second" pause at height mode. But when pressing that button it didn't do anything until the print started printing again... Then It paused. I also figured that had something to do with the code command line completing itself before moving onto the next line.

Again, I am very new to this, but if anyone has a solution to this that would be great! I'm assuming its something very silly that I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again, everyone! Not sure how to include the code... Sorry about that.
    -Michael

• I have found a way to do it with Cura 4.7.1.

I used the "Pause at Height" command with the BQ (M25) option (found under Extensions/Post Processing/Modify G-Code). To make it pause correctly, you also need to add something to the "G-code Before Pause" command line -- I added M300 so it would beep when it was ready. If you leave it blank then the printer will only pause and then restart on it's own.
    [alt text]Cura Settings.JPG
    With this method the printer did a hard pause at the parked position and did not restart on it's own. I was able to do a filament change. However, I did make one additional change to the gcode to make it successful. I had to comment out the last extruder advance (that was set to reverse the "Retraction" entry), else it pushed a big blob out just as it started to print.

;script: PauseAtHeight.py
    ;current layer: 3
    M83 ; switch to relative E values for any needed retraction
    G1 F1500 E-10
    G1 F300 Z1.8 ; move up a millimeter to get out of the way
    G1 F9000 X190 Y190
    G1 F300 Z15 ; too close to bed--move to at least 15mm
    M104 S0 ; standby temperature
    M300
    M25 ; Do the actual pause
    M109 S200 ; resume temperature
    G1 F1500 E10
    G1 F1500 E-10
    G1 F300 Z1.8
    G1 F9000 X122.478 Y111.115
    G1 F300 Z0.8 ; move back down to resume height
    ;G1 F1500 E10 I commented this line out
    G1 F1500 ; restore extrusion feedrate
    M82 ; switch back to absolute E values
    G92 E338.46292
    ;LAYER:3

I was also able to get it to hard pause by adding text to the "Display Text" box, however, this extruder would move to the park position, briefly pause, and then move back to ~1 mm above the start print position before it would hard pause. It was very difficult to change the filament in this position without making a mess.😠

Hope this helps!

Dennis

• Dear @wmyhal

Have you tried the method that our engineer support? Does it work?

• Hi everyone.

I'm having the same problem. Has anyone found a solution other than octoprint?

• @admin
    It seems that installing a raspberry pi helped me solve this issue. I was able to get the printer to pause and stay paused after hooking up Octoprint and Cura integration with the API.

• @admin
    I've downloaded the file and added the pause at height functionality. It does pause but unfortunately, resumes on its own still...

• @MikeeB

Please print this model and set it to 5 to pause when printing to 5mm height. If you still pause for 10 seconds and continue printing, it means that the printer firmware restricts the pause function
    2093a8ed-b089-4ecd-b39f-05c6420e664f-image.png

And there is a gcode document will send to you by email

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.