Help needed to determine Temperature reading maxes out at 120C after upgrading cr10 MAX

• Hi,
    I need a bit of help/advice.
    I tried to upgrade my CR10 Max to a different hotend, but the temperature reading maxes out at 120C. After trying several settings in Tiny Machines, I decided to revert back to the original creality thermistor, but the issue still persists. At temperatures below 120, the temperature is fairly accurate +- 2C, but maxes out at 120, no matter what the temperature is. I have measured it as high as 200C, but it is reported back to my cr10 max as 120.
    Any help/advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

• @Yolanda
    big thanks Yolanda, i note this.. it’s a helpful detail to know when the debug time happen!!

• @Helium3 This method can be used in the Creality FDM sereies for testing the thermistor.

• @Yolanda said in Help needed to determine Temperature reading maxes out at 120C after upgrading cr10 MAX:

1. If yes, remove the thermistor wiring of the nozzle on the mainboard, and check whether the nozzle on the display screen is -14℃;

hi Yolanda,
    -14C when the thermistor is open/unplugged is for the cr10 max specifically or for any others FDM creality??

• @Zengart
    hi,
    if ever that happen to me, i will first check the cable/contact/continuity (and if all look good, i will buy a other one to see/compare before to change a bigger component)..

Yolanda look very helpful, i’m curious to know what cause that..

my head say if it’s a open wire or contact, the temperature will go at maximum (except if the program do a self check of it at the power on, in this case a warning should by visible on screen)..

• @Zengart hi,from your description, you can try the follow methods

1. Does your machine stop working when it is heated to 120 degrees, or does the machine make an alarm sound?

2. If yes, remove the thermistor wiring of the nozzle on the mainboard, and check whether the nozzle on the display screen is -14℃;

3. if not, the motherboard is broken, you can replace a new one;

4. If the temperature is -14℃, please try to reheat the nozzle (unplug the thermistor and heat it). If the alarm is still raised, the mainboard is faulty.

5. if you still can not solve the problem, you can send an email to cs@creality.com and attach pictures and videos in details. there will be the professionals to help you.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.