CR-10 V3 filament sensor does...nothing?

• I've got a CR Touch so I've flashed both the V2:

CR-10 V2TF1.1.6.0BLTouchV3.1PowerLossContinueFilamentCheckEnglishandChinese.hex

and V3:

CR-10 V3TF1.1.6.0BLTouchV3.1PowerLossContinueFilamentCheckEnglishandChinese382.14.hex

firmware (which both say right in the filename that they do filament checks), but neither seem to actually do filament checking.

I can put filament in, the sensor turns blue, I issue a M119 and no sensor switch is detected. M412 just says 'ok'. I pull the filament out, blue light goes out, controller seems blissfully unaware.

I just had my first actual filament runout (due to a filament snap) today, which is how I became aware it's not doing anything.

What should I check next? What's the expected behavior and how can I test for it?

• hi,@rhester72 You can update the firmware below, and then test whether the sensor can work normally
    CR-10 V3TF1.1.6.0BLTouchV3.1PowerLossContinueFilamentCheckEnglishandChinese382.14.hex

If it still does not work, it may be the sensor is broken, please change a new one.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.