Unable to level Ender 5 plus

• Are there any official instructions on how to level this printer? I have this printer for 3 weeks now and I'm unable to get it leveled. Also I have no clue in which order to do which levelling procedure. Initially I tried disabling "auto level" do the well known manual leveling with a sheet of paper, then enable "auto level" do the auto leveling, then do some fine tuning. But recently that didn't work anymore. I now have disabled "auto level" and tried to get it level only with the paper technique, I eventually had an acceptable result but when I did the same test print again the nozzle was again way to fare away. It was actually that far away so that the melted filament dropped onto the bed instead of printed and it did not stick either.

So I'm at an end with this printer. I'm unable to get it leveled and I have a lot questions reagrdin the leveling process:

• What's the correct procedure to level the printer with auoleveling enabled? Aux leveling first? do I have to disable the auto level function while leveling?
    • When do I do the Z-Axis leveling? before I level the corners or after?
    • What's the difference bitween the measuring process that I can't start in the menu and the one it does automatically before the print job? Do I need to do both?
    • Do the numbers in the leveling menu tell me anything? Do they need to be in a certain range?

• @MrE10
    hi,
    have you checked on YouTube?? ..before to have purchased the mine, i has seen a lot of videos about all 3D printers, adjustments, calibrations, leveling, filaments, etc.. and maybe here too in the pass posts..
    for my part i use a 2 white papers under the nozzle for each corner (the scratches sound) give me the right level.. some use a 0.20mm gauge (as park plug one) and if i use it, 0.13-0.15mm is better for me.. but papers is faster if you like the idea..
    i’m a beginner.. maybe some others have a better answer!

• not getting any response from your "professionals"

• @MrE10

1. Check whether the slicing software is Creality.

2. Whether the forming size is inconsistent with the actual size when slicing, try to format the memory and slice it again

3. Please update the latest firmware
      https://youtu.be/0rKfgOZAU-Y

4. If the problem cannot be solved, please send an email to cs@creality.com. There will be professionals to help you.

• Just to keep you updated, I have also replace the board now, with a silent board.

• I also wish to point out that it repeatedly happened that the printer "forgets" its position and tries to move beyond the limits

• Hi @Yolanda, thank you for your response. That leveling procedure is what I did, literally the whole weekend. The result is ok-ish at first but it gets worse again after short time.

• hi,@MrE10 You can refer to this video for leveling
    https://youtu.be/NBatdrVr-mM

• So I try it again with image urls
    pic1 of print head out of range
    pic2 of print head out of range

I've also made 3 autoleveling runs after another. Not turning any screws:
    Results

Looks like quite big differences to me

• @SteveDee The files are 505 and 508Kb and when I try to upload them I get: Expected integer between 1 and 100 for quality but received 1000 of type number
    thanks anyways

• @MrE10 ...per file

• @SteveDee Per file or all files together?

• @MrE10 You need to limit image files to less than about 800kb or they won't upload.

Also, make sure you use this button:-

UploadIcon.png

• The printer just managed to drive beyond Y, Z and probably X axis max points...
    ![0_1632650387642_IMG_3219.JPG](Uploading 100%) ![0_1632650410880_IMG_3220.JPG](Uploading 100%)

I executed "Measuring" from the leveling menu, then started a print job. Then this happened.

• What's the difference bitween the measuring process that I can't start in the menu and the one it does automatically before the print job? Do I need to do both?

this should be: What's the difference bitween the measuring process that I can start in the menu and the one it does automatically before the print job? Do I need to do both?

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.