Got problem of extrusions gear CR200B very hot and not pull filament , Creality Support not answer my email

• I just bought CR-200B on 7 Oct 2021
    I have got a problem of extrusions gear CR200B very hot and not pull filament,
    Creality Support does not answer my email. I have submitted the support and not receive any answer yet.

595378.jpg 595377.jpg 594629.jpg 595407.jpg

• @marian Hi how to adjust the vref.

• @Helium3 Hi thank you for your information ,Thailand is humid as well around 60-70% I just got the upgrade kit however it is increase from 2 hours print to 4 hours and then overheat. Now I'm using desk fan the problem solve. I think maybe it's vref issue from mainboard after searching found a lot of information that CR-200B vref was too high from the factory but I don't know how to check it.

• I have the same problem, replacement of extruded stepper and setup reference voltage do the trick.

• @Helium3 said in Got problem of extrusions gear CR200B very hot and not pull filament , Creality Support not answer my email:

@noobookbig
    hi,
    the temperature reading on your pictures don’t look too high (warm is normal with time).. have you tried to adjust the filament tension knob? (in my case, 2 turns ccw was the solution)..

Yes, I have adjusted according to the shop's suggestion. On the picture, it will go up to 54 c but I have to print this successfully so I put the desk fan to lower the temp.

The creality after-sale will send a fan to me to fix this issue.

• @noobookbig
    from the video, a little fan look to solve the problem but if your extruder work like mine, i use my thumb on the tension knob (where in your printer look a screw) and when i was needed to change my filament and so, each time the screw (my knob) turn a bit.. the spring there is for to apply a tension/force of the gear on the filament and if the tension is not enough, the filament stall and the gear only do a lot of filament ship.. now my knob have an arrow sticker aligned with a other one on the case and so, if i change the filament, i replace my knob if the knob position change..
    the extruder knob/screw tension adjustment need to be stiff enough to compensate the others frictions in the filament path (nozzle, tube, filament sensor, etc).. i have spend a while before to find it, my user manual (and web search) have nothing to say about this adjustment but it’s a must to know (if not today, one day you will need to adjust it)..

note:
    how is the humidity level around your printer? ..where i am (north america), it’s very variable (25-90%) and that affect my prints if i don’t store each filament in a ziplock bag with silica gel (reusable).. too much humidity give bubbles/holes and erratic layers on my prints (also i avoid to do long prints during rainy days because the filament spool is too long exposed at a high humidity)..

• @noobookbig
    hi,
    the temperature reading on your pictures don’t look too high (warm is normal with time).. have you tried to adjust the filament tension knob? (in my case, 2 turns ccw was the solution)..

• @Helium3 said in Got problem of extrusions gear CR200B very hot and not pull filament , Creality Support not answer my email:

@noobookbig
    hi,
    how your extruder may become at the point hot to be able of to affect your filament.. the stepper motor is in fault (and heat).. can you confirm it?
    also, have tried to clean the gear with a toothbrush?
    the filament ships there reduce the gear friction with the filament and to avoid it, adjust the tension knob stiffer (after the gear cleaned)..

More info , I have tried to check the temperature

It's going up within 1 hour with ambient temp 28 celcius if the temp increasing to 45 filament will not moving.

596422.jpg 596421.jpg 596420.jpg 596330.jpg

• @Helium3 Yes I have clean the gear and check for the filament dust. I can print success with my ambient temp is 25c when the ambient temperature increasing to 34 - 35 Celcius look like I cannot print need to cool down the temp by using a fan to pass wind to the gear, I have try yesterday by using the desk fan blows the wind to the gear behind to the CR-200B and its work great and get successful print by 7 hours.

It's can print without my desk fan to blow then wind to the gear for around 2 hours then it heats up.

When I have searched for this issue I have got more information on this video https://youtu.be/TGULhT8droY

If I know this issue before I wouldn't buy this one. Thailand is a very hot climate ambient temp go around 34 -36 Celcius.

The Creality live chat through the website suggests that I have to get the upgrade fan module.

I have to check with the after-sale.

• @noobookbig
    hi,
    how your extruder may become at the point hot to be able of to affect your filament.. the stepper motor is in fault (and heat).. can you confirm it?
    also, have tried to clean the gear with a toothbrush?
    the filament ships there reduce the gear friction with the filament and to avoid it, adjust the tension knob stiffer (after the gear cleaned)..

• @admin said in Got problem of extrusions gear CR200B very hot and not pull filament , Creality Support not answer my email:

Dear @noobookbig

Do you send the email to cs@creality.com? This is our support email address.

Please provide the picture of the damage of the filament, or the picture of the motor temperature is super high (above 80℃) to our cs@creality.com. They will confirm the point and after confirmed, they will send you the accessory to change.

Yes they request the picture at 2.00 pm BKK time already.

When I turn on the air conditioner it will print without a problem. Maybe the temperature of the extrusion gear was too high but I don't have a thermometer to check the surface of gear temp.
    This is a pic of successful print when turn the Air conditioner on at 20c
    595476.jpg

• Dear @noobookbig

Do you send the email to cs@creality.com? This is our support email address.

Please provide the picture of the damage of the filament, or the picture of the motor temperature is super high (above 80℃) to our cs@creality.com. They will confirm the point and after confirmed, they will send you the accessory to change.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.