My V2 Switch Relocator

• If you think it's nothing more than a power strip, you're right. But I like the looks of it and the smallness of it and the fact that it bolts directly to the extrusion.

Oh well, forum will not let me upload images. ???

• @drw "Does it work?"
    Uhh... yes.

• Does it work?

Test Image

drw

• @3dOrNotTo3d Right! Nowadays, corporations let their customers take care of support issues. I do see the value in that. Really cuts down on payroll. But, hell, if you rely totally on your "communities" to take care of support, you're going to lose many potential customers who see that as a shoddy way to run a business. MANY products in today's world operate that way. If you're lucky enough to be analytical and good at figuring things out, you'll really enjoy those products. Otherwise, you're screwed. I wouldn't recommend 3d printing IN GENERAL, to anyone who expects things to just work or have factory support. I don't expect Creality to actually respond to any of my issues.

• @SteveDee Thanks Steve.

• @SteveDee said in My V2 Switch Relocator:

@billbyrd I guess a forum is only as good as its members. When I joined almost a year ago, it was also quite quiet, but then became quite active during the [northern hemisphere] summer.

..and it's difficult to even become a member in the first instance! New accounts need admin approval, and it took me about 3 weeks of nagging any email address I could find before someone eventually woke up and activated my account. Even direct chats on here were being ignored.

Forum suport is just one of the things nowdays. OK it is a way for the manufacturer to cut costs on support staff but it can sometimes be as good or better than talking to manufacturer support droids.

I very much doubt I would reccommend Creality to a friend.

• @billbyrd I guess a forum is only as good as its members. When I joined almost a year ago, it was also quite quiet, but then became quite active during the [northern hemisphere] summer.

However, most people come here with a problem or two, while those with experience (and sometimes answers) drift away and get on with the business of printing.

At the moment I don't have anything I want to print, so printer is just gathering dust.

Its only the forum's RSS news feed that pops up alerts from time-to-time that keeps calling me back.

If you are very new to 3D printing, you may find some of my blog posts of interest: http://captainbodgit.blogspot.com/search/label/3D printer

Otherwise, good luck & have fun.

BTW I was born in 1952, so not far behind you!

• @SteveDee Thanks for the image advice, Steve. Corporations simply don't adhere to the traditions that existed when I was younger. I was born in 1945. Everything's different now. If I owned Creality, I would not let a forum exist without tending to it. Makes their company seem very low-rent. Think I'll just move on. Nothing to gain here.

• @billbyrd I think it may be due to file size...seem to remember that using "upload image" requires your image to me less than 200k (you may need to experiment).

There was an admin or two last summer...seem to have gone very quiet recently.

• Is there an actual admin for this board? Can you tell me why I get a big red ERROR when I attempt to upload an image?