How to clean glass bed? (CR6 SE)

• Received my shiny new CR6 SE today. Printed out a sample and wanted to clean the bed afterwards and used a fresh alcohol wipe, however it ‘changed’ the glossy finish on the bed to a matte, smudgy looking mess immediately. I have since rinsed the bed & have wiped it down multiple times with water, etc. and the glossy finish is gone, while the uneven matte ‘mess’ remains. Not sure what happened, as I’ve seen alcohol recommended from multiple online resources for cleaning a glass bed. Not sure if this end result will affect adhesion, but it admittedly looks like ish now. Any thoughts on the subject?

• @3dala I ordered 3 different brands of flex beds and one 3rd party glass one, I'll definitely share my experiences once they arrive and I have a chance to put them through some prints. 👍

• @shinmai thanks a lot. if you can recommend a 3rd party bed, would be great if you can share your experience.

• Creality is not responsive at all (haven't gotten a single reply to my e-mail yet, it's been a week) but if you don't mind paying for the replacement out of your own pocket, the beds are now available on the usual sites (AliExpress et al).

Personally going with a 3rd party platform since Creality doesn't seem to be addressing customer support enquiries about this at all.

• Hi,
    i think my glass bed is damged too, because i cleaned it like described in the manual.
    I got a lot of adhesion issues.
    Now i tried to clean with water, but still the same problems.

Is there any chance to get a new one?

• @admin @admin cr-6manual pg3
    So where can we claim for a replacement glass platform, to replace one that's been damaged by following the user manual to the letter?

• @admin I'm interested in a possible free replacement as well. The user manual literally says to use Alcohol. ! There is is RIGHT THERE https://imgur.com/a/hbe5SUD

• @admin or is there a way we can repair the print surface?

• @admin Since following the instructions in the manual damages the glass print bed, I (and I presume others) would like Creality to replace damaged print beds. How do we go this?

• Dear @rjamison

I have double-checked this, It is not wiped with IPA, it can be wiped with detergent or water, not with ethanol or isopropyl alcohol, which will damage the surface coating of the glass.

• My new bed changed from Black color to Brownish color after cleaning with the alcohol. Adhesion has gone in reverse. Instead of not adhering, the prints are getting to the point of almost not coming off. Should I just flip the glass over and use the non coated side?

• @admin i don't understand. Are you now saying that cleaning the bed with IPA doesn't cause damage?

• Dear @rjamison

I send your question to our engineer, it seems that Wiping after power off has no effect.

• @dave
    +1
    The 3rd page of the user manual (if the cover page is page 1) specifically says "Use glass cleaner or isopropyl alcohol to clean the print surface before every print for consistent results".

To be clear, it says to do this "before every print".

I've already done quite a few prints to test different filaments, and have been cleaning the surface between each print AS INSTRUCTED. I have also noticed a degradation in bed adhesion, which I thought was due to some of the filaments I was testing, but now Creality is telling me that it is because I used IPA to clean it.

If using IPA is the reason for the decreased bed adhesion, then I would appreciate a new glass print bed to replace the one damaged by following the instructions in the user manual.

• Bit worrying to find this - I've been using IPA and a micro-fiber cloth to clean between prints and it seems to be working fine... but if it's doing long term damage to the plate that would be great to know.

• @admin ?

• Really glad I came across this post, I was trying to print a thin card and had bed adhesion issues just in one spot, dead center. The only thing I could conclude is that this was due to fingerprints because I usually wipe away the glob left at the start of a print. I typically print on a glass mirror and clean it with glasses wipes, so having no idea what coating is on the bed of the CR6 I would have potentially done the same. From this post I concluded that what ever the dots are, it’s not friendly to alcohol, so I washed it with some dish soap and warm water and adhesion is working well again.

• @admin the manual specifically lists isopropyl alcohol as one of the cleaning agents to use on the build plate. If this is actually damaging the plate surface, the manual does need to be changed.

How is it damaging the plate? As in - what is happening to the plate, and what are the consequences of it? Are they purely cosmetic, or somehow impacting proper function of the bed?

• @admin you need to change page 3 of the user manual then.
    or get someone higher up with the correct info to clarify this. if no IPA then you need to send me a new bed.

• @dlo

The glass platform cannot be scrubbed with alcohol, it will damage the surface. It is recommended to wash with water.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.