Ender-5 Plus only thinks it's printing

• I have had my Ender-5 Plus for a couple of years, but initially had some trouble getting it to work and then got distracted. It's been sitting unused for almost all of the time I've owned it. I'm trying to change that.

I may be close to getting it to work properly, but I'm not there yet. I'm trying to print the maze models that come on the SD card as a test. As Creality suggests, I'm doing the print offline. I use Slicer 1.2.3 to load the model, then I use File/Save GCode... to save the gcode file to my SD card. The 8x8 maze gives me a 323K file; the 10x10 gives me a 995K file. Slicer reports that the model will take an hour and seven minutes to print, and use 3.25 meters of filament (10 grams) using the "fast" profile, "Common PLA" as the type of filament, and Ender-5 as the model of printer. I move the SD card from my computer to the printer.

Using the printer's touchscreen, I choose Print and then select one of the files (either maze-8x8 or maze-10x10). I tap the Print button, and the printer goes through automatic levelling. Then it soon reports that it's done, although it hasn't actually printed anything. The only movement is for the automatic levelling, so it's not a filament feed issue. The temperature of the nozzle and the bed vary in what seems an appropriate way during the process.

What am I doing wrong here? Thanks in advance for your help.