Ender 3 v2 with laser

• Hi all

I'm having a heck of a time setting up my ender 3 with the laser.

I've got it all attached and powered on but now struggling to find a way of getting everything printed.

I have tried lightburn and can make my pic but can't get it to the printer.

Every program I have tried to use and I can't seem to get the parameters right to get it to print in the right area.

All I'm trying to do is burn a few words onto wood for a memorial plaque,

But the first I did I tried to test burn hello and it made an o the size of the whole print area.

Another I did with another program and it kept running and jamming at the far edges of the print.

When I I manage to get a jpeg onto creality workshop it wouldn't even burn the wood. Only skim across and turn laser on and not burn, then hit the outer edges.

I've tried updating to latest firmware to connect to pc and have installed the latest marlin software but after doing so it won't move any axis and if I press auto home it stops and says to reset it.

When I did gave working firmware my pc would pick up that it's connected but then creality workshop wouldn't pick it up.

I've spent a couple of days trying and testing and nothing seems to work.

All I want is to be able to make a basic set of words to print out.

Anyone have any ideas of what I could do that would work and what program I could use to write something to print out? Ive tried lightburn and also gimp but couldn't get them right with correct dimensions for the print bed.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I'm completely lost now

Thanks