Colour Filament change

• Hi has anyone found out how to do a Colour Filament change on the SE tried the usual route but doesnt seem to pick it up Thanks

• @ncbob ok no problem appriciate all the effort youer putting into this matter

• @Daverobbo1904 Ok bad news, it won't work on the CR-6 SE because it doesn't have an LCD so I can't enable to advanced pause feature which gives M600 functionality.

It works on the Ender 3 V2 because the display is defined as an LCD display.

I'm going to play with it some more and see if I can disable the check for an LCD display, or maybe add a dummy LCD display.

• @ncbob I await your results with eager antisipation

• @Daverobbo1904
    Ok I may have figured out how to do it without an LCD. Thanks to Teaching Tech who explained how to do it with an LCD even though you can't see the prompts.

Once you have firmware installed that supports M600 (there are a few other things you have to turn on to enable it that I was not aware kept it from working) then when it encounters the M600 the printer will pause and park the print head. Then you can heat up the nozzle manually and change the filament, then in the LCD menu you can click on 'Resume Print' and it will continue where it stopped.

I'm installing a BL Touch and a Filament runout sensor on my Ender 3 V2, and I'll verify it all. Then I'll try it on the CR-6 SE (it's currently printing the runout sensor to mount on the ender 3 V2) and verify that it works after I've flashed the firmware with all the settings.

I'll then post some documentation on what to update in the firmware, and I'll post a pre-compiled bin with the EEPROM enabled and the M600 command and the other options it needs to enable it.

• @admin any news on an update yet ADMIN or any idea when you will have a fix for it Thanks

• @spauliszyn
    I so agree with you especilly after waiting so long for this machine just to have it stood there doing nothing and more waiting for a fix as most of the things I do need a filament colour change at some point during the print.
    I also am very dissapointed that these small features were not included.
    We wait again in antisipation.

• Hi @admin. I hope you understand that this is a feature that, I believe, most of us were expecting as standard from this new 3D printer. This is not a new idea nor advanced tech--many 3D printers, including your own support this. In fact, being able to run all features remotely would be considered standard, instead of having to run to the printer just to do a manual ABL or turn on the LED light. I feel that all the excitement and anticipation for this exclusive new printer from a company with a decent track record has turned to disappointment. However, I am open to pleasant surprises...

• Dear @Daverobbo1904

Understand, you are right. It is a bug here. I will feedback to our R&D team, and see if we can have a solution for it. Thank you.

• @admin if you puase the print how do you propose to remove the colour filament that is in it then ?
    why cannot the machine just obey a simple M600 command like the Ender 3 does??

• Dear @Daverobbo1904

You can pause printing and then replace PLA

actually, you can come to our youtube channel, we have some video to teach how to 3d print.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUGLzloQlrUXzQNFhxfz8Yg?view_as=subscriber

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.