CR-6 SE how to calibrate

• I have measured my filament extruder calibration, as my prints were a bit under-extruded.
    The extruder is pushing 92.8mm when instructed to push 100mm.

Can anyone provide a guide on how to set the e-steps on the CR6?
    Thank you

• @proffles said in CR-6 SE how to calibrate:

Ok thank you. I previously did it with my old printer using the arduino IDE and writing it to the controller.

But with the CR6 you have to do it in the Gcode itself - I assume via the "Start Gcode" in machine settings in cura?

I was wrong - no need to do it in the start GCode. I used Repetier-Host to manually send GCode to the machine via the USB cable, and save it to the onboard memory.

Quick guide for those wanting to do the same thing:

1. Send command M503 to read current settings. Look for something like:

Steps per unit:
       M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z400.00 E93.00

The E93.00 at the end is the current value for the steps for the extruder. in this case 93.00

2. Tell the printer to extrude some filament, say 50mm. Measure exactly how much it actually extruded, eg 46mm

3. Calculate the new steps value.
      (Amount requested x original steps value ) / amount extruded

In this example (50 x 93) / 46 = 101.087
      So we want 101.1 as the new setting.

4. Set the new value with command M92 Exxx where xxx = the new value. In this case M92 E101.1

5. Save the new setting to memory with M500

6. Test! Do another extrude & measure, and check you have got it accurate. If not, repeat the process.

• Ok thank you. I previously did it with my old printer using the arduino IDE and writing it to the controller.

But with the CR6 you have to do it in the Gcode itself - I assume via the "Start Gcode" in machine settings in cura?

• Here is a link to some good calibration information that a friend sent me:

https://all3dp.com/2/how-to-calibrate-a-3d-printer-simply-explained/

I used that article to calibrate my CR-6.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.