Feature request!

• Hi @admin
    Can I request a simple change to the firmware please:

When you stop a print, move the print head up 5mm or something before moving it off to its XY home position.

I ask as with the CR6 in that if you stop a print in the first few layers, the print head simply makes its way sideways over the print surface without allowing for an un-level bed.

In my case, my print bed is slightly higher on the left than the right. This is not an issue during printing due tot he the auto-levelling grid, but the grid rules see to be ignored when you manually stop a print. So the nozzle is being roughly scraped across the bed, causing damage to both the nozzle and the bed.

Thank you!

• @crayon Thank you. I'm not using ocroprint for the moment, just trying to get the best out of the stock setup before i go down that path if needed.
    At the moment, I just have to remember to only stop a print after a few layers, even if i can see it's already buggered up!

• If you're using OctoPrint together with your printer, you can do a quick version until such a feature might be ready in the firmware.

I'm not really much of a coder, so perhaps someone else can validate this or have other ideas, but in general I think this should work.
    In OctoPrint there is a setting called "After Print Job is Cancelled"

Add this code:

G91 ;Use relative positioning for the XYZ axes
    G1 E-2 F2700 ;Retract filament a bit before lifting nozzle at a speed of 2700 mm/min.
    G0 Z10 F2400 ;Move Z axis up 10mm from current location at a speed of 2400 mm/min.
    G90 ;Set to Absolute position
    G1 X0 Y235 ;Present print
    M104 S0 ;Turn-off hotend
    M140 S0 ;Turn-off bed
    M106 S0 ;Turn-off fan
    M84 X Y E ;Disable all steppers but Z

Hope this helps!

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.