X motor/driver failure?

• Hello,

I recently had the time to assemble and test my CR-6 SE printer.

I first printed something from the SD card (turned out to take like 10 hours to complete, I left the printer overnight and in the morning the printer displayed showed an error and the print never finished.

Then I sliced some simple models to print with PETG. 1 hour later it finished ok. (I was printing directly from Cura 4.7).

Afterwards, I made some minor changes to the same model, sliced it again and print it again using Cura. This time, after about 35 minutes printing, the X motor made some noises (as if it was losing steps) and then it stopped moving in the X axis, while the printer continued "printing". I checked the motors and they were all running hot to the touch. I canceled the print and turned off the machine.

After a couple of hours, I tried homing the printer and notice the X-motor wasn't moving. I checked and confirmed the cable was still attached to the motor. I also tried using the display to move the X-axis but the motor is not doing anything.

My best guess is that the motor driver is damaged. Please advise how to proceed? Thank you.

• @erodriguez I have same issue, only for the CR-6 Max. Came home to my two week old printer and found last mm of a multiple part print was a birds nest of plastic. Cleaned it up, rand some edits, re-renders on a ask nose clip model, re-sliced and then heard a terrible chattering during attempted x axis homing.
    I tried pulling the motor lead plug out of the Z gantry 4-way socket and got an LED to power with pins between 1&2 or 3&4 (Proving motor working as generator, both phases when moving the x axis manually. Then I swapped the x motor to the extruder axis socket, setting PLA prewarm and then testing both extrude and retract. These drove the X motor, no problems. So then I switched the extruder to be driven off the X axis driver socket, again, horrible chattering, this time with extruder motor.
    Then I put both X axis and extruder motors back to correct sockets and removed the IDC ribbon cable from the Z gantry and I found that the left most two IDC socket pins would drive my LED with x axis movement and so would the next two vertical pin pair. I replugged the IDC ribbon cable plug in and again powered up the printer and retested the X axis. Again, terrible chattering and movement, indicating drive of one coil has been lost. Either at the ribbon cable, or at the motherboard.
    What was the resolution for your issue Rodriguez?