Utter FRUSTRATION!!!

• I'm a little long winded here, but I gotta vent...
    I purchased an Ender 3 Pro V1 bout 5 weeks ago. I'm nowhere new to 3D printing as I had, still have. a Solidoodle 2Pro for some 7 years. Took a little time as a noob back then, but I've gotten a lot of very acceptable prints over the years. This Ender has given me nothing but grief since I got it. It is well constructed, no plastic, ball bearings, etc., but I am not particularly fond of the 'pad' thing on the build plate. I'm in my second one already. The first one has very deep burn trails from a mal-adjusted extruder height. I have tried some 18 rolls of both PLA and ABS, a roll of PET-G and one of nylon, I cannot get the wall thickness of a calibration cube that I have used since 2013 to come any thicker than 0.33. I am aiming for 0.42. All of the rolls were calibrated for and used on the old printer, all produced good prints. Of all the calibrations, none had a filament multiplier greater that 1.0, the filament diameter ranges from 1.69mm to 1.81mm.
    The second problem is more irritating. I bought a BLTouch V3.1 kit from Ender. My motherboard is V1.1.4. I have given up looking for matching firmware for the BLT. The closest I can find is for V1.1.6. Then the install instructions, depending where you read say install the firmware first, then mount the touch thing, or a different page says mount the touch thing then do the firmware. Once you figure that out, the program is written in Japanese! The other alternative - me and Arduino DO NOT get along. I have 4 computers running at the moment - latest Win10, latest IMac, another Win box and Toshiba laptop. The only machine that would compile a Arduino/Marlin run is the laptop, and that is now loaned out to a kid so he can go to school. I am retired now, but for over 20 years, I designed, built and programmed computers for 'governments', so I'm not a complete noob in that area either, but me and this machine just aint doin it... I am about ready to rebox it and put it in the dumpster, or give it to the neighborhood kids, they could probably figure it out...
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Sorry to be so long in the tooth...

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.