This has to be the worst printer I've ever had, including my original Prusa Mendel I built 7 years ago

• But my prusa mendel is still running, and I rarely have any problems.

In the one month that I've had my CR-6 SE I've had more issues with it than I've ever had with my original prusa in 7 years.

The motherboard went bad
    It blew a fuse
    The optical endstop failed
    The power switch has now failed
    USB shorted out

I'm just waiting for the next failure (my guess is that it'll be either another blown motherboard, or something in the hotend)

Not only that the Creality support is totally non-existant. After emailing them back and forth for three weeks of them asking me the same questions over and over and sending them the same picture (they asked for it every time, so I didn't have to re-take the picture, I just sent the same one) and doing the troubleshooting steps they asked of me, the last thing they told me is that they are escalating my problem to an engineer.

So you can imagine my surprise when yesterday I got an international UPS package from Creality with a new motherboard. I installed it and the motors started moving and I started working through the other issues, including the EEPROM not being enabled in the firmware, and I had actually had three successful prints. I'm using the latest version of Cura and the only thing I did was change the starting and ending gcode and adjusted the retraction settings.

Then apparently their piss-poor USB port components or design failed and shorted something out, so I did the USB cable mod.

Then all of a sudden the printer shut down and wouldn't turn on. I knew there were problems with the power switch so I pulled it open. Fortunately it's a DPST switch and only one side was bad right now, so I was able to swap the connectors around (surprised they weren't soldered) and after some gymnastics trying to re-connect the earth ground wire that was a good 4 inches shorter than all the other wires was able to get it running again.

I'm going to check my supplies and see if I have a switch that I can swap it out with when the other side goes bad, because I know it will since it failed after less than 24 hours of use.

I'm honestly very surprised, I've got 6 Creality printers that have been really good for me, a couple of Ender 3's an Ender 5, and an Ender 5 plus that I've never had these kinds of problems with (knock on wood HARD).

I am NEVER going to buy another Creality printer EVER againg. I'm also going to stop recommending them to people who ask me what printer to get.

I've been doing some research and saw that the BIQU B series printers are getting good reviews, and they actually have a kickstarter going right now for their latest version that even lets you plug in a Raspberry Pi in to an expansion slot and have a built in Octoprint installation.

I wonder if Creality Support will ever figure out that they have already sent me a new motherboard, curious what their final response will be.

• @admin said in This has to be the worst printer I've ever had, including my original Prusa Mendel I built 7 years ago:

Dear @ncbob

Thanks for supporting Creality, we are trying our best to support our customers. For the motherboard issue, after checked, we will send a new to customers. So we know that.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us, we will help to solve it.

Thank you for proving how terrible your support is, you didn’t read my post just like you didn’t read any of my emails. I’ve already gotten a better response form BIQU about their Kickstarter and mentioning how they’ve seen all the problems with how creality handled it and they are learning from it.

• Dear @ncbob

Thanks for supporting Creality, we are trying our best to support our customers. For the motherboard issue, after checked, we will send a new to customers. So we know that.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us, we will help to solve it.

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.