CR-6 SE NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE

• Dear All,

Attention please.

Creality website has updates new firmware for CR-6 SE, please check if you need it.

New Function:
    The new firmware has added an error detection and repair function. If there is a failure to return the origin, leveling failure, or card loss, it will automatically repair or prompt
    https://www.creality.com/download
    495f4d87-48ce-4f1e-8e6f-c0cefc1a97ce-image.png

• Hello all.... so is 2.0.1.2 the 32 bit update or 8 bit?

• Welp, 2.0.1.2 is back, this time with release notes.

• @spauliszyn Creality removed the firmware from the download page some time after uploading it, and have now deleted it from the CDN as well.

I have my downloaded copy still, and uplaoded it here if you're interested, but a lot of the actual bugs from the previous version were not addressed and seems the biggest change was adding the multi-language support (with a bunch of translation errors like "Deutschland" for German instead of "Deutsch"), so might not be worth the effort...

• Hi @3dala. Where did you get V2.0.1.2 from? From Creality's website, I only see "CR-6 SE 32BIT latest firmware--V1.0.3.6.rar" posted on 19 Oct, 2020. "I would very much like to go there, please."

• I just want to share my firmware upgrade experience from 1.0.2 to 2.0.1.2.
    It was all done in 10minutes.

• download the firmware, extract it.
    • format the sd card with fat32 and an allocation unit size of 4096 bytes (4K)
      i use an old 2 GB microsd card with an adapter, works fine.
    • copy the binary "CR-6SE - V2.0.1.2 - SEBoard(1).bin" in the root
    • insert sd card into printer, power on and wait about 10 seconds.
      if the printer show the chinese menu - your done, remove the SD card and power off.

now the display has to be flashed (have a look at the tutorial movie!)

• format the microsd card with fat32 and an allocation unit size of 4096 bytes (4K)
    • extract the zip DWIN_SET(46).zip
    • copy the folder "DWIN_SET" with all files in the root
    • insert microsd card into the display micro sd card reader, power on - wait about 1minute

warning: the display go to the screensaver mode during flashing !
    just point a finger on it and you see the blue flashing screen.
    you are done if in the second line "SD Card Process..." the word "END !" appears.

power-off and remove the microsd, assemble the display and you're done 🙂

• New firmware released for CR-6 SE. Any chance of getting a list of changes, @admin? Is the bug with stopping prints during the 1st layer fixed? How about storing of the auto-leveling mesh? Or is this just for the multi-language support?

Also when will the source code be released, in accordance with the Marlin license?

• @tyoc213 That post is about updating the LCD firmware, your video is for flashing the 8-bit mobo.
    If you're updating the LCD, and the card is small enough to format directly to 4K sectors (like your 8gig card should be), format to FAT32 w/ 4k sectors, copy the files on the card, put card in the LCD card reader and power on the printer. Here's a video for the Ender 3 V2 showing the physical procedure, the display output is different, matching the post you quoted, and the PCB layout is different, but the actual procedure is the same.

If you're updating the 8-bit mobo, you seem to just need to get a serial connection to the printer working, which would be different for a Mac (but likely won't have the same driver issues tha the video is bypassing on Windows) but other than that the procedure would be the same, but note this thread is about the 32-bit firmware, that will not work on the 8-bit mobo.

• @MarkusP58 I dont understand watching this video seems that I can only update from windows?

What do I need to download to update firmware from the card only? and do I put it on root dir of the card? is there a video for it?

• @hansamann did you set the 4k block size? That did the trick for me

• @bstefans16 I tried my best on my mac and formatted a 8GB SD card with MS DOS FAT 16, copied the DWIN_SET and tried to upgradde the screen firmware. When it starts nothing happens, the screen stays dark.

Could anyone provide a working recipe for Mac users?

thx
    Sven

• For those who have Problems flashing the Screen Firmware:

I also tried to flash with a 4k formatted 32GB MicroSD Card and it worked.
    Is used MiniTool Partition Wizard Free for formatting.

Thank you!

• Dear @yvesware

Please take a picture of the motherboard when you disassemble the machine so that we can send you the corresponding firmware and tutorial

• Help, I copied the bin file for the mainboard firmware and tried to update the firmware, Now my printer is stuck at the creality screen!! (Seriously !!!)..................... I tried to power on/off and now well printer is "bricked"

All help appreciated.

NOTE:Also there is the display firmware, what's the process for that ?

• @Bogill said in CR-6 SE NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE:

I think that the steppers sounds much louder after the update. Anyone?

Too hard to tell over the noise of the fans 😛 ! Seriously I noticed that as well but not until you brought it up.

• @spauliszyn Strictly talking you won't ever get EEPROM active on this machine because the Microcontroller has none of it 🤣 BUT the trick Marlin uses to overcome it is to reserve a piece (2K if I recall correctly) at the end of the program flash OR use the SD as replacement 😉

Now as an engineer, you have to choose because as flash devices both the SD and the internal flash will become old with the erase/program cycles and then malfunction. They choosed wisely because a SD is easily an cheaply replaced but we (I do too) prefer to use the micro internal flash. This will shorten the life of our motherboards in exchange of having a self sufficient device, it is ok to me, I assume than also to you, but I can't talk for all the people, I understand that Creality engineers are taking their time to decide.

Sorry if this sounds weird, my native language is not english.

• Except... EEPROM is supposed to be a chip on the motherboard with non-volatile memory storage. Although there may be an EEPROM on the motherboard, the firmware is currently using the SD card to store the information.

At least for now, this will allow the printer settings to be saved and retrieved. For me, I connect the printer to a computer so that I don't need to pull the SD card in order to update g-code files. But for those who do use the SD card for g-code files it is a bit inconvenient because they could delete the file. And it is very inconvenient when you use more than one SD card and the settings could be different on each card.

But this is not a proper fix for storing printer settings and is very inconvenient for those using SD card for g-code. @admin you need to get the EEPROM working on the motherboard. This is not new technology so why the delay?

• @Daverobbo1904 m500 can work today on this firmware. If you put in an SD Card, it'll save EEPROM data to a file on the SD

• @pro_info Insert an SD Card and it'll save save the EEPROM data there in a file.

• I've uploaded to the latest firmware and it seems to be working fine. (But It would be nice to have a change log. )
    For people having print quality issues, I highly recommend this website as it did wonders for the print quality on mine.
    https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html
    With regards to the printer scratching the surface when you cancel a print.
    I'm quite new to Arduino and programming, but on the Marlin website I find. This gcode.
    G28. Auto home.
    I should think that is what is activated when you cancel the print? And if the X is added then it will work as the other printers and raise the head a bit before returning.
    Hopefully this will be added in the next update.

[Y] [Z]

Parameters
    [O]
    Optional. If the position is known then exit without homing. (1.1.9)
    [R]
    Raise before homing distance (1.1.9)

Flag to go back to the X axis origin
    [Y]
    Flag to go back to the Y axis origin
    [Z]
    Flag to go back to the Z axis origin

Copyright © 2020 Shenzhen Creality 3D Technology Co., Ltd All Rights Reserved.